First 234

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    The graphs do not attempt to prove anything. They just illustrate the views of Australians on a number of topical issues, and compare demographic information.

The most flagrantly racist people, as one might expect, are typically poorly educated, lower class, and live further out.

This turned into a big story last year and sparked a lot of outrage. These are not average Australians.

I think there's islamophobia in most western media at the moment. I spoke to a muslim cleric a few months ago who told me that journalists often don't publish her comments, and instead go fishing for extremist comments to publish in stories.
    It's America's fault that there is blatant racism in Australia. It's also America's fault that Australia was closing its doors to non-European immigrants in 1903 at a time when America had its immigration doors wide open to all.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INFP

There is certainly a racist element in Australia -- and a blatantly racist one at that -- but no more so than in any other western nation I've visited.

If you're going back to 1903 to condemn Australia versus America why not go back just a little further? We never had slavery.

(sorry other Americans)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    There is certainly a racist element in Australia -- and a blatantly racist one at that -- but no more so than in any other western nation I've visited.

If you're going back to 1903 to condemn Australia versus America why not go back just a little further? We never had slavery.

(sorry other Americans)
    I'm not condemning any country, I'm comparing.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post

(sorry other Americans)
    Er.. only because the British outlawed it?

But then yeah, you never killed Aborginies, and still discriminate against them long after independence?

You may the Brits exterminated them, granted, but then we today don't persecute non-whites. We're widely considered one of the least racist European countries.

But then Indian professionals are welcome to come here, they won't get beaten up and harassed, and curry is our national dish.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....

MBTI
    INTP

And frankly a people who are largely immigrants IMO have little right to be anti-immigration. May seem odd, but then many classic anti-immigration arguments don't hold for ex-colonial and/or "New World" countries. This includes the USA and Canada incidentally.
    Good result (vs. Soton)...still have to go #Arsene

Tengo los conocimientos estardiar....no hay un motivo para estar al tanto de la reunión que sucedió hace mucho tiempo ....