User Tag List

First 12

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    You do not appear to be reading at all.
    I read it and looked into the author. YOU don't see the underlying context. You need to update your software.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Hawbawbowba View Post
    I read it and looked into the author. YOU don't see the underlying context. You need to update your software.
    Your software might not be compatible with my hardware.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    The author seems to be equating the reign of the WASPs with a time of greater civility and decorum in government, when political opposites like Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neill could still work together collegially to get something done for the country. He is right to bemoan the loss of this atmosphere, but equating it to the prevalence of WASPS in government is like blaming global warming on the decline of pirates.
    This is perhaps the most coherent analysis that one might derive from the article, but I tend to lean toward Stanton Moore's observation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    Does this pass a journalism these days? It reads as if written by a high school student.
    I had to read that article about three times before I realized that I needed to stop looking for anything resembling facts. As long as I am looking for facts and logic, it reads kind of like this:

Link to explain the above:

Once I realized it was just opinionated assertions, Coriolis's version of the author's intent appears to be accurate. Still, I find the whole thing nonsensical enough that even to answer the question of whether I agree or disagree with the piece is pointless.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I had to read that article about three times before I realized that I needed to stop looking for anything resembling facts. As long as I am looking for facts and logic, it reads kind of like this:

Splorf Glorb Wakka Woop
    I'm bothered by the possibility that this writing was actually intended to mean something or perhaps claimed to have points about anything.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    saudade

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

I don't see how US politically has changed with the decline of wasps. All that has happened is that WASPs have made way for a diverser group to enter politics as senior figures. But US as a political system is the same. Evangelical WASPs are losing ground politically, which is good thing. I highly doubt that US had less of a donation-dependent political system during the 60s and 70s than it does today.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."