123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default Fit Mom Makes Haters on Instagram

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...uses-backlash/

New Mom’s Instagram of Chiseled Post-Baby Belly Causes Backlash

Even the most physically fit moms know how hard it is to shed those extra pounds post-baby.

And while jaws dropped after seeing royal mom Kate Middleton bearing her sculpted abs three months after giving birth, now there’s a new mom creating backlash after posting a picture of herself on Instagram just three days after giving birth.

Caroline Berg Eriksen, wife of soccer player Lars-Kristian Eriksen, has the biggest fitness blog in Norway. She says she posted the controversial photo showing off her chiseled body and washboard abs with the caption, “I feel so empty,” because she missed her baby bump.

“During the pregnancy, people kept telling me that my body will never be the same and I wanted to show everybody that’s not entirely true,” Berg Eriksen, 26, told ABC News.

Berg Eriksen says she was amazed at how fast her body bounced back after gaining 22 pounds.

“Right after birth, like three minutes after, I felt like myself again,” she said.

But now this picture has started a firestorm online, with one woman writing, “This can’t be true,” and another saying, “I just think it is absolutely inconceivable that we are of the same species.”

“I think we need to put this all on a spectrum and realize that we should applaud the women who look great,” said ABC News Senior Medical Contributor Dr. Jennifer Ashton. “But we shouldn’t bash the women who can’t achieve that.”

This isn’t the first time a post-baby picture has started an online uproar. Mother of three Maria Kang, known as the “Fit Mom,” found herself playing defense after catching heat from moms for posting a picture of herself with her three young children with the caption, “What’s Your Excuse?”

“Maria was very much in your face,” said editor at The Stir, Erica Souter. “She meant it as a motivational tool. It came off insulting. Caroline was all about celebrating herself.”

Though Berg Eriksen says she hasn’t worked out since giving birth, she says the purpose of the picture wasn’t to be cruel.

“I think all women should be proud of themselves, regardless of how they look after labor,” she explained.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I find this very uninteresting.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Her boobs are too high.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Riva

I really admire women who workout to look good more than women with natural looks; because it implies that they would know and have the motivation to maintain when nature's gifts starts fading away.

However although it is unfair that the woman in discussion - who looks enviably good looking/fit especially considering she just gave birth to a child - is getting a firestorm from people and some of their comments seem below the belt posting pictures with kids and making inquiries like what is your excuse seems really unfair. So getting a kick below the belt on those instances isn't always unjustifiable considering how much taxing it is on the human body and mind to produce a child. However in this instance it seems like and unfair thing to say considering that she hasn't make any such shaming posts. She has just posted a pic it seems.

If she is to make any such comments - her comment here "during the pregnancy, people kept telling me that my body will never be the same and I wanted to show everybody that’s not entirely true" seems like a innocent remark - I think she really could be considered of a different species or atleat slightly evolved because what she is definitely very very rare.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Haters gonna hate.

... Seriously, though. If fitness isn't ever your top priority, why would you shame/cry/bitch/moan about someone who's it is? And if fitness IS your priority but your body type is different, why aren't you just comfortable with that instead of trying to eat other people's grass?

I don't like anyone telling me what I can or cannot do. I hate it. I'll tell YOU what I could do or not. Someone tells me, "your body will never be the same" I could easily see myself saying, "Challenge accepted." If it wasn't, I wouldn't be upset to be part of the norm--it's the norm. But I would try anyways.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't understand the backlash stuff and think it's rather silly to be that concerned with another person's body and what they do with it.

I'm wondering how in the blankety-blank was that possible?! A woman's uterus just doesn't snap back into pre-pregnancy size within 3 days!

MBTI
    INTJ

Will i hit the news for having what i feel is just awesome looks considering how many hours i have wasted in front of a PC? Im sure its 12 hours average over two years for me.. Fucking olympus genes! hahahaa!

You can shape your body like you want and do what the hell you want too. Christian bale is a living proof of it! I guess that governator is too in a broader sense.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    “I think all women should be proud of themselves, regardless of how they look after labor,” she explained.
    /end of thread
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'll be honest, I don't even see how this is possible. More power to her, but I don't understand it. I don't feel threatened (maybe a little envious but she's worked an awful lot harder than I have and has a better attitude than the last Fit Mom who made the rounds so no hard feelings) but I sincerely don't get it, just from a medical standpoint. Not hating.

Firstly, she only gained 22 pounds where it's mostly baby, placenta and stuff, so it's not such a stretch that she would look great, three days after birth. My only difficulty with this is that 22 pounds is considered an unhealthy weight gain for pregnancies since while there's usually no harm to the developing fetuses since nature ensures their needs are met first, she might not have sufficient buffer of nutrients for her own body's needs.

Looking great but having a lack of nutrients, can have detrimental future impacts on her body. Hope her GP is properly monitoring her post natal levels of health.

As for the mothers freaking out, it's all about envy by the knitting circle. Silly.