User Tag List

First 1234 Last

WhoCares

Um my objection to the this topic has nothing to do with the plausability of uteral contraction in a mere 3 days. It's why the fuck are women still obssessing about and judging themselves on the appearance of their bodies? I'm no feminist but seriously females will never have equality while issues such as stretchmarks and a big belly hold major attention in their own psyche.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I think it's silly because sometimes it has to do with virtue but often it has as much to do with genes, upbringing, and/or economic situation.

I gained just under twenty pounds with each of my pregnancies. I never required surgical delivery and none of my children were low birthweight, even though one was born three weeks before his due date. I lost the weight very soon after delivery, though I did have a squooshy belly for awhile.

The only time I've ever had an attractive figure by today's standards was within a few months after giving birth because that's the only time I've ever had any boobs. I was 5'2" and under 90lbs with at least C cups.

I ate whatever I wanted and didn't work out. Now that I'm in my forties I have to watch what I eat a bit but not religiously. I still don't work out and I'm still not overweight. I don't consider myself superior. I consider myself lucky for having apparently won some kind of gene lottery when it comes to stuff like this.

It bothers me when people give other people a hard time over stuff that they already feel bad about and only have so much control over.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    Um my objection to the this topic has nothing to do with the plausability of uteral contraction in a mere 3 days. It's why the fuck are women still obssessing about and judging themselves on the appearance of their bodies? I'm no feminist but seriously females will never have equality while issues such as stretchmarks and a big belly hold major attention in their own psyche.
    True, though the fact that I still get treated far better by males when I have makeup on than not isn't particularly helpful. It's systemic. We judge ourselves that way because we see others doing it and we associate certain characteristics with certain outcomes, even if the correlations are illusive. For women to fight back we have to allow ourselves to be kicked while we're down and sometimes life is hard enough without that extra fight, even though it's worth fighting.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    They probably also hurt like holy hell, if memory serves.
    Then you'll have to send me a picture for analysis.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Firstly, she only gained 22 pounds where it's mostly baby, placenta and stuff, so it's not such a stretch that she would look great, three days after birth. My only difficulty with this is that 22 pounds is considered an unhealthy weight gain for pregnancies since while there's usually no harm to the developing fetuses since nature ensures their needs are met first, she might not have sufficient buffer of nutrients for her own body's needs.
    Looking great but having a lack of nutrients, can have detrimental future impacts on her body. Hope her GP is properly monitoring her post natal levels of health.
    As for the mothers freaking out, it's all about envy by the knitting circle. Silly.
    my thoughts exactly
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Criticizing women for being fit is just as bad as criticizing them for being fat. Women can do what they want with their bodies and don't owe it to anyone else.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Then you'll have to send me a picture for analysis.
    I think the only pic of that time is when I was a twenty-two year old new mother nursing my few-hours-old newborn, so there wouldn't be much for you to see. I wasn't really thinking about how great it would be to be objectified at that time. Inconsiderate of me, I know.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think the only pic of that time is when I was a twenty-two year old new mother nursing my few-hours-old newborn, so there wouldn't be much for you to see. I wasn't really thinking about how great it would be to be objectified at that time. Inconsiderate of me, I know.
    You never know!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

garbage

Backlash? "This can't be true" and "we can't be of the same species" is less 'hate' and more 'incredulity.'

Maybe there are other women out there posting "I hate you, fit mom" and "I hope you die, fit mom" ?

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    For women to fight back we have to allow ourselves to be kicked while we're down and sometimes life is hard enough without that extra fight, even though it's worth fighting.
    While mysogyny may be systemic, some of the biggest mysogynists are women. Until we stop doing it ourselves nothing else will change. Why do we care how men respond to us anyway? Its only one portion of the problem, fix the part which is easiest to fix first, the mysogyny within ourselves. Our approach of changing the rules of the game has failed miserably over the longterm, maybe its time to stop playing that game completely.

As to the quote portion, I have no idea what you mean. Seriously none. You do really think the way in life is to invite further belittlement while you feel low? Thats a logic I dont and dont want to follow. I see no value in that.