User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I promise in my case it's just because I don't see how you can have a baby in there and then have a six pack 3 days later. It's not about the low weight gain (when I did pregnancy education the suggestion was 2-4lbs per month total, with most of it happening in the last trimester, and some people who have persistent nausea gain less), it's about the fact that abs stretch when there is a baby under them. If anything I'm impressed. She must have continued to do a lot of core work during the pregnancy to have that quick of a bounce-back in the abs area.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

I'm gonna have to go with Ivy on this. This is suspicious. I'm a skinny girl, and I haven't had a baby...but I have taken women's health classes. Usually uteruses don't deflate for a little while after having a baby...most men don't know, but they have to contract back. That's why even women who didn't gain a lot of weight usually look like this the day after having a baby:

1374693760046.cached.jpg

Again, I don't speak from experience, but supposedly breastfeeding induces contractions that cause the uterus to retract back to (close to) its original size.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    If anything I'm impressed. She must have continued to do a lot of core work during the pregnancy to have that quick of a bounce-back in the abs area.
    It's possible to do core work up until the final trimester. And if her abs were rock hard pre-pregnancy, then three months with a less major skin stretch since 22 lbs would be very little fat, I believe it's possible.

Don't forget that she's only 26 years old. Notice how red the center of her stomach? Bet if the picture wasn't in the dark and a much larger shot, you'd see the impacts of pregnancy much more clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    Even the most physically fit moms know how hard it is to shed those extra pounds post-baby.

And while jaws dropped after seeing royal mom Kate Middleton bearing her sculpted abs three months after giving birth, now there’s a new mom creating backlash after posting a picture of herself on Instagram just three days after giving birth.
    The ab muscles are the easiest to build. If anyone says otherwise, they're fibbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I promise in my case it's just because I don't see how you can have a baby in there and then have a six pack 3 days later. It's not about the low weight gain (when I did pregnancy education the suggestion was 2-4lbs per month total, with most of it happening in the last trimester, and some people who have persistent nausea gain less), it's about the fact that abs stretch when there is a baby under them. If anything I'm impressed. She must have continued to do a lot of core work during the pregnancy to have that quick of a bounce-back in the abs area.
    There's probably more to the story. Let's ask the surrogate mother.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    I find this very uninteresting.
    Says no 16 year old boy about childbirth & fitness, ever.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I don't think young children are uninteresting, just nauseating.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post

Again, I don't speak from experience, but supposedly breastfeeding induces contractions that cause the uterus to retract back to (close to) its original size.
    Good example in that picture. Yes, breastfeeding does cause the uterus to contract (feels like early labor all over again) but it's still going to take 6-8 weeks to contract back to 'normal' size. It also takes a little bit to drop the extra fluid from expansion of blood volume, too.

I'm also thinking that any abdominal exercises could possibly cause excess bleeding or even injury? I'm wincing at the thought!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Her boobs are too high.
    They probably also hurt like holy hell, if memory serves.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Seems kind of like a projection of people's issues, in terms of "haters". I agree that it's a bit show-offy and definitely not standard, but she's 26 and was chiseled before and was motivated to prove a point. It's a thin line between there and "every woman can look like this post-childbirth if they try hard enough" - which isn't true - but that doesn't seem like the spirit of her entry, so, like Ivy said, more power to her.