User Tag List

First 123 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I used to play this game called Arctic Adventure that was on one of those.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INtP

Heh -- I'm in the process of doing a rather massive housecleaning, and you wouldn't believe how many of these things were lurking in a closet. Both the 3.5" and the 5.25" ones (many of the latter pre-dating the existence of the 3.5" disks completely). Of course, they're all completely worthless now. If I really wanted Lotus 1-2-3 version 2, or Linux V1.?, or games that ran on MS-DOS... but well, that's just not practical. I'm basically throwing the whole lot of them away, except for two of the most ancient 5.25" ones that apparently have stories (in WordPerfect 5.0 format, of course) that I wrote back in high school. Sentimental value there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

This is too good. Takes me back to elementary school. But seriously, thumb drives/USB are so much easier. Why on earth would anyone still use floppy?
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Heh -- I'm in the process of doing a rather massive housecleaning, and you wouldn't believe how many of these things were lurking in a closet. Both the 3.5" and the 5.25" ones (many of the latter pre-dating the existence of the 3.5" disks completely). Of course, they're all completely worthless now. If I really wanted Lotus 1-2-3 version 2, or Linux V1.?, or games that ran on MS-DOS... but well, that's just not practical. I'm basically throwing the whole lot of them away, except for two of the most ancient 5.25" ones that apparently have stories (in WordPerfect 5.0 format, of course) that I wrote back in high school. Sentimental value there.
    My favorite word processor of all time. Sad it's been so long defunct. Give me reveal codes and print preview any day over these graphical programs that can't keep Figure 5 on the top of page 12 for more than 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    This is too good. Takes me back to elementary school. But seriously, thumb drives/USB are so much easier. Why on earth would anyone still use floppy?
    They're expendable, and a dime-a-dozen. I can put stuff on it (provided not large), give it to someone, and not care if I get the medium back to reuse. Still, even I don't use them any longer, except for occasionally accessing old archived material.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

They're expendable, and a dime-a-dozen. I can put stuff on it (provided not large), give it to someone, and not care if I get the medium back to reuse. Still, even I don't use them any longer, except for occasionally accessing old archived material.
    But, do they even make computers that are compatible with them anymore?
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    But, do they even make computers that are compatible with them anymore?
    I do. You just need an IDE header on your motherboard. But you're right, lack of FDDs keeps me from using them this way any longer.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INtP

My favorite word processor of all time. Sad it's been so long defunct. Give me reveal codes and print preview any day over these graphical programs that can't keep Figure 5 on the top of page 12 for more than 15 seconds..

I'm sure there's a reason that "modern" word processors don't have the "reveal codes" feature, but I can't imagine what it might be. Omitting it is almost like selling a car without tires. It's rather infuriating to be typing, especially when you're using various fonts, colors, etc. and you have to use trial and error to find out where one variation stops and another begins. And yeah... the whole "moving image" thing is really annoying, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Obama sends telegraph to Putin"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Of course, it has nothing to do with budget cuts.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

I think i've seen one of these once. I feel like my dad had a box of them or something. I know what they are.I know we had a computer that used these at one point but I've never used one lol.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman