User Tag List

12 Last

Default A Domestic Goddess

Nigella successfully projected the image of a domestic goddess. All men wanted her, and all women wanted to be like her.

At the same time her domestic life was tragic and Nigella took class 1 and class 2 drugs and bribed her staff not to tell her husband.

So it looks like her husband, Saatchi, fell in love with her image, and Nigella fell in love with his wealth and fame.

And like all men I wanted her but was disappointed to discover all I wanted was an image.

And images always lie.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And images always lie.
    Quite. There are lies, dirty lies, and digital image processing.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Quite. There are lies, dirty lies, and digital image processing.
    You have a good mind Coriolis, perhaps you might be able to tell us why images lie.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's like Flatland. Maybe we need to be 3 dimensional so we can perceive wholeness and inevitably, imperfect truth.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You have a good mind Coriolis, perhaps you might be able to tell us why images lie.
    Images don't lie. We delude ourselves by reading into them more than is actually there. With digital image processing, we can then alter them to match our delusions.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5(?)
    Socionics
    LII

When I first read the OP, I honestly thought the names were made up, but a quick Internet search corrected that. I'll never understand why people take such an interest in entertainers that when they fall from grace they make such a big deal out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kephalos View Post
    When I first read the OP, I honestly thought the names were made up, but a quick Internet search corrected that. I'll never understand why people take such an interest in entertainers that when they fall from grace they make such a big deal out of it.
    They are more than entertainers. They are prominent people in their own right, and role models for millions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5(?)
    Socionics
    LII

They are more than entertainers. They are prominent people in their own right, and role models for millions.
    Still, one must distinguish the public persona that is supposed to be the role model from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kephalos View Post
    Still, one must distinguish the public persona that is supposed to be the role model from reality.
    And yes, the public persona will be just what we want to see. And so we have no interest in delving behind the public image, until the court case shatters the image.

WhoCares

I never really got the domestic goddess thing about her. What she was on TV was the product of a series design team. Did anyone really believe that a TV show in which she played a role was a true representation of her life? It's like believing Elijah Wood is actually a hobbit. Albeit she was an excellent spokesperson for processed sugar.