IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Argentine Feminists Against Jesus [Video]

The police said there was nothing they could do because "they are women."

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Good for them.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

YIKES seems like there is a lot of context to this that we are missing... on both sides...!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Good for them.
    Not really. Because in the long run, if they get their way, they will no longer be under police protection but will be granted equal rights - to be arrested.

Good for them.
    I think a good test of any protest is asking the question: would this make MLK proud?

Certainly not the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    YIKES seems like there is a lot of context to this that we are missing... on both sides...!
    I'm not sure what sort of context could justify assault on peaceful people, but this is a write-up from the Washington times blog.

DALLAS, December 5, 2013 — Last week, participants in the 28th annual National Meeting of Women in Argentina attempted to storm a local church and assaulted its defenders, a practice that has become customary at the feminist conference. This year, their attacks also included physical assaults on the men surrounding the Cathedral of San Juan de Cuyo in an attempt protect it from damage.

The National Meeting of Women is an annual feminist meeting in Argentina where the participants discuss women’s rights, trafficking, gender issues and abortion, according to Infobae, an Argentinian news source.
    Seventeen thousand women marched through the streets to close the conference, an event that has led to attacks on the local cathedrals in the host cities going back to at least 2008.
    http://communities.washingtontimes.c...en-try-protec/

The article goes on to say that no evidence has surfaced of counter-protest by the men which is probably the case as I my google search didn't fInd a single liberal defense of this behavior.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Not really. Because in the long run, if they get their way, they will no longer be under police protection but will be granted equal rights - to be arrested.
    Two things.

1: If they achieve equal rights for women, they will achieve their goal. Whatever happens from there, they will have won.

2: Womens' rights has nothing to do with protestor's rights. I presume they are not immune in what they are doing. They either aren't immune at all, or they are immune because of protestor's rights. I know of no place in there world where authorities will go easier on rebellious activity if it performed by women. So they lose nothing by achieving the aim of womens' rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I think a good test of any protest is asking the question: would this make MLK proud?

Certainly not the case here.
    The Dr. was great and all, but I generally avoid using "what would Jesus do?" logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    I'm not sure what sort of context could justify assault on peaceful people, but this is a write-up from the Washington times blog.

The article goes on to say that no evidence has surfaced of counter-protest by the men which is probably the case as I my google search didn't fInd a single liberal defense of this behavior.
    Wow. Two different Washington Times references in two threads, in one day. I'll have to look into the story to see what more believable sources say.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Two things.

1: If they achieve equal rights for women, they will achieve their goal. Whatever happens from there, they will have won.

2: Womens' rights has nothing to do with protestor's rights. I presume they are not immune in what they are doing. They either aren't immune at all, or they are immune because of protestor's rights. I know of no place in there world where authorities will go easier on rebellious activity if it performed by women. So they lose nothing by achieving the aim of womens' rights.
    One thing.
    '"InfoCatólica reported that the 600 police on hand told them they could do nothing to stop the protesters because, “they are women”.'

The Dr. was great and all, but I generally avoid using "what would Jesus do?" logic.

Wow. Two different Washington Times references in two threads, in one day. I'll have to look into the story to see what more believable sources say.
    Go right ahead.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    One thing.
    '"InfoCatólica reported that the 600 police on hand told them they could do nothing to stop the protesters because, “they are women”.'
    Odd. I wonder if that's an official thing or silly cultural mores.

Either way, that would only strike down point number 2, but not point number 1.

EDIT: Suspiciously, the only outlets I can find discussing this are conservative propaganda rags. I can't even find a legitimate conservative publication like Wall Street Journal or Forbes saying anything about it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Religious people from all cultures should rather wonder why religion has become the target of the majority of Feminist groups.

Rather than systematically blaming women, there may be another, more rational anthropological explanation.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

EDIT: Suspiciously, the only outlets I can find discussing this are conservative propaganda rags. I can't even find a legitimate conservative publication like Wall Street Journal or Forbes saying anything about it.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it