MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Why YOU May Be A Terrorist!

http://publicintelligence.net/do-you...e-a-terrorist/

A flyer designed by the FBI and the Department of Justice to promote suspicious activity reporting in internet cafes lists basic tools used for online privacy as potential signs of terrorist activity. The document, part of a program called “Communities Against Terrorism”, lists the use of “anonymizers, portals, or other means to shield IP address” as a sign that a person could be engaged in or supporting terrorist activity. The use of encryption is also listed as a suspicious activity along with steganography, the practice of using “software to hide encrypted data in digital photos” or other media. In fact, the flyer recommends that anyone “overly concerned about privacy” or attempting to “shield the screen from view of others” should be considered suspicious and potentially engaged in terrorist activities.

Logging into an account associated with a residential internet service provider (such as Comcast or AOL), an activity that could simply indicate that you are on a trip, is also considered a suspicious activity. Viewing any content related to “military tactics” including manuals or “revolutionary literature” is also considered a potential indicator of terrorist activity. This would mean that viewing a number of websites, including the one you are on right now, could be construed by a hapless employee as an highly suspicious activity potentially linking you to terrorism.

The “Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities” contained in the flyer are not to be construed alone as a sign of terrorist activity and the document notes that “just because someone’s speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious.” However, many of the activities described in the document are basic practices of any individual concerned with security or privacy online. The use of PGP, VPNs, Tor or any of the many other technologies for anonymity and privacy online are directly targeted by the flyer, which is distributed to businesses in an effort to promote the reporting of these activities.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

FBI = full blown idiots.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    FBI = full blown idiots.
    That can't be true! They never get blown.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Just someone’s speech, actions, beliefs, appearance, or way of life is different; it does not mean that he or she is suspicious.” However true that is, I would take it ALL into consideration.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

As if some people wouldnt want to encrypt everything for other reasons, like some software developer who wouldnt want his plans to get read by people from his computer before he had them patented.

This thing reminded me of a funny/scary instance that happened at my works work(software company). Their firewall broke down, so they had to get a new one. They bought the same firewall they had, but this time they ordered it from US and for some reason couldnt get it working. Well they eventually figured out why it wouldnt work, basically the encrypting they use is illegal to distribute in US(hence the US version of the firewall wouldnt work with the encrypting that they are using), because its harder to crack by the US government. Seriously WTF. Well they had to get a new one that wasnt corrupted by the US government and got it working right. The company must be be a big terrorist organization..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

WALMART

Youre picking one red flag out of, what, fifteen listed?

I thought I was out of the woods until the "concerned with privacy" and "conceals computer screen from others" part. Looks like the moment I started deleting my cookies and browser history and the moment I started expressing discomfort about people looking over my shoulder when I'm using the computer I became an enemy of the state.

"If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide". A nice piece of irrefutable logic to mull over there.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

... They're onto me >.> ...
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

garbage

Geez. If the categories we're lumped into are "is a terrorist" and "is not a terrorist," and if the most inocuous of activities dumps someone into the "is a terrorist" camp, then the FBI would be spreading itself too thin; and the actual terrorists would get away with whatever it is they're gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Geez. If the categories we're lumped into are "is a terrorist" and "is not a terrorist," and if the most innocuous of activities dumps someone into the "is a terrorist" camp, then the FBI would be spreading itself too thin; and the actual terrorists would get away with whatever it is they're gonna do.
    That is, for all intents and purposes, if their end goal was finding terrorists in the first place.