User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Come now, you rent, you don't buy.
    Yes, it is like renting a slave.

So no wonder so many women are slavish, and so many men like to have the attention of a rented slave lavished upon them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Is this different from the countries in which prostitutes do not commit a crime, but clients do, like it is in Norway and Sweden?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Is this different from the countries in which prostitutes do not commit a crime, but clients do, like it is in Norway and Sweden?
    It's exactly the same principle.

France is just following Sweden's tracks, but it's the first time a "major" country does it.
    But I'm sure that most posters interested in French bashing here will explain that the totalitarian Scandinavian countries aren't socially very evolved, especially with subjects like gender equality.

I mean: if Swedes do it, it's good, and if French do it, it's hypocrisy? You really think so?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post

And France isn't really known for being progressive with Anyone's rights. I think the OP is mistakenly painting a picture of France being very altruistic in this law... somehow...

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rig...ternity-tests/ Not men
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ear-pants.html Not women
    http://douthat.blogs.nytimes.com/201...s-discontents/ Not families.
    And don't forget the "freedom fries" next time you'll be interested to bash France and its awful "social democratic" system.

I'm also surprised you forgot to mention Jerry Lewis by the way.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes, it is like renting a slave.

So no wonder so many women are slavish, and so many men like to have the attention of a rented slave lavished upon them.
    And you have to know that more than 80% of the current prostitutes in France come from poor countries and have no passports, and are treated like slaves by their "owner" (their pimp).

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    And don't forget the "freedom fries" next time you'll be interested to bash France and its awful "social democratic" system.

I'm also surprised you forgot to mention Jerry Lewis by the way.
    Considering I'm currently trying to learn French in the hopes of working in the country at some point in time, my aim isn't to beat up France. At the same time, it seems people outside of Europe have a misconception (especially here in the US) that European countries are really progressive.. and they really are not. I like France, a lot.. but I'm not going to pretend they are something they are not. And progressive just isn't a French trait for the country.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Considering I'm currently trying to learn French in the hopes of working in the country at some point in time, my aim isn't to beat up France. At the same time, it seems people outside of Europe have a misconception (especially here in the US) that European countries are really progressive.. and they really are not. I like France, a lot.. but I'm not going to pretend they are something they are not. And progressive just isn't a French trait for the country.
    I suppose this is Texan humor?

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I suppose this is Texan humor?
    Texas is a completely different subject.. But if we're going to go there--Texas has had prostitution illegal for a long, long time now. And Texas is far from what anyone in the US would call progressive.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's not a matter of prostitution being illegal. It's been illegal in most us states for a long time. It's a matter of who is seen as committing the wrong here: the johns or the whores. Here usually, the whores get the rap sheet and the johns skate scot free.
    In Texas recently, a "john" was cleared of murder for killing a prostitute who did not service him after he paid. Theft of services?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It's exactly the same principle.

France is just following Sweden's tracks, but it's the first time a "major" country does it.
    But I'm sure that most posters interested in French bashing here will explain that the totalitarian Scandinavian countries aren't socially very evolved, especially with subjects like gender equality.

I mean: if Swedes do it, it's good, and if French do it, it's hypocrisy? You really think so?
    I was just curious because it might mean that it was a policy that was effective, which would be great.

I don't have any business bashing France, considering I live in Indiana. I'm jealous as hell of you all's healthcare system and family leave policies.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers