User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    It is hard to believe your country was built on compromise.
    I was hearkening back to the Great Compromise, something that kept the still-new nation from falling apart. It's pretty much impossible to study American history without that bit of it. It was a big deal.

You have two parties of busness because you had a violent bourgeois revolution, that is, you had a violent revolution of business against the Nobility. And you have never developed a Worker's Party.

And with only business represented and the workers unrepresented compromise was never on the agenda.
    Well *I* didn't specifically.. There are a few more years before I come along in American history.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If they want to give kids toys, they should just give kids toys. They should not be using toys to hand out religious literature; at that point, it has become proselytizing, not helping kids have a good Christmas.
    I don't agree with the means of proselytizing. Neverless, the idea that proselytizing would get in the way of a "good Christmas" is really confusing to me. I understand that proselytizing could get in the way of people having a good time, but that it would get in the way of people observing what is fundamentally a religious holiday is really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What if Nambla or the KKK showed up? Should they accept their help?

The reality is that charity organizations of ALL stripes have to pick and choose who they're willing to partner with. I volunteer with a religious oriented 501c3 community charity and we do manage to partner with secular, state, and other religious organizations for the betterment of the community we serve. However, we would not do it if those partnerships involved us compromising our mission or sent a mixed message to the neighborhood about our beliefs. The reality is that we're never going to partner with the local mosque. While we both may want to provide goods, services, and oppurtunities to the community our ideas about influencing the hearts and minds of the community are just too contrary.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

4w3 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post

Would it have been so hard just to be nice for once without ulterior motives?
    Aw hell naw...that would be too much like "right".