User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

God, I hate that crap. They won't give the kids toys unless they also get a shot at converting them. Such a dick move.

They could have left the tracts out of the boxes distributed in public schools or could have simply announced at the schools that they were giving out toys and tell the parents where to go to pick the gifts up. They just love to feel like they're getting by with something because of their false sense of persecution.

Would it have been so hard just to be nice for once without ulterior motives?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Yeah, that's why I had to apologize for the news source. That's how Fox news is. But, honestly, she did have a point in the sense that if you're that concerned about the true spirit of giving, why not help out yourself instead of yelling at others for the way they are helping? It is only one half of a wrong coin, but either side being active would resolve the situation.
    Yeah, definitely, I agree with you. Either side compromising would have helped. Neither, despite their "spirit of giving", did.

Honestly I'm not Christian and I feel like it'd be okay to include some INFO on Christianity - not explicitly proselytizing but just giving information - and I'd be fine with that. It seems like a reasonable compromise. They could include a book of the Christmas story (nativity) or something.

WALMART

fuck christmas

halloween 4 lyfe

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    fuck christmas

halloween 4 lyfe
    +1

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Just read this somewhere else:

...My final example concerns a table that, while privately owned, could be big enough for lots of people – if only its owners had a more charitable vision. According to reports in the Kansas City Star, the Kansas City Rescue Mission has decided not to accept the offer of the Kansas City Atheist Coalition to help with distribution of 2,000 Thanksgiving meals to the poor and elderly.

The Mission apparently decided to include a religious message in this year’s meal boxes, and it was unclear if the atheists would go along with that. It seemed irrelevant anyway, as the Mission made it abundantly clear that it didn’t want the non-believers’ help, calling the partnership a bad fit. And that was the end of any communication.

That struck me as a missed opportunity. I’ll bet that there are more than 2,000 poor and elderly people in the area. Wouldn’t it have been more polite, more decent and more “Christian” even, to call the atheists, tell them what neighborhoods the Christians were not covering and give them some advice about how to serve those who might otherwise go hungry? In other words, shouldn’t the Mission have at least helped the atheists set up their own table?

Alas, to those who are fearful of other beliefs, there can be only one table, one place to sit and one seatmate to converse with. Their world begins and ends in the confines of that tiny table.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ghts-religion/
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

^ Yeah, but atheists. Gross.

.. I guess.. ?

MBTI
    yupp

I'm gonna start my own club called the we include everyone and if you hate anyone for a stupid reason fuck you and go away. who wants to join?

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Very impish. Not admirable at all.

Anyway, I prefer Groundhog day, and want more holidays based on animal prognostication.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    No one compromises anymore--despite our country being built on the concept.
    It is hard to believe your country was built on compromise.

If your country was built on compromise, you would have at least a two party system of government. One party of business and one party of workers. But in fact you have two parties of business. No compromise there.

So why do you have two parties of business?

You have two parties of busness because you had a violent bourgeois revolution, that is, you had a violent revolution of business against the Nobility. And you have never developed a Worker's Party.

And with only business represented and the workers unrepresented compromise was never on the agenda.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Anyway, I prefer Groundhog day, and want more holidays based on animal prognostication.
    Groundhog is based on the traditional Imbolg festival, and has much more meaning underpinning it than seems obvious from the poor old groundhog.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...