User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Thread: White Pride

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Girl View Post
    Why the fuck would people go out and show off how proud they are of their skin tone? Don't they have anything else to be proud of? Like academic achievements? Or athletic achievements? An impressive stamp collection, maybe? It's like pretending you're better than anyone else because you have a mole on your left butt cheek. Having a mole on your left butt cheek doesn't make you better than anyone else. Just like how having a light or dark skin doesn't make you better than anyone else.
    I don't approve of racism, but if people wish to be as such, who is to stop them?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

There is nothing wrong with white people being proud of their ancestry and culture, just as any other race or group in the world. It's when it transitions into white supremacy(Believing whites are superior and should have an exclusive right to rule) that it's problematic. Usually what happens is that the distinction itself becomes blurred since pattern is that those who espouse and believe in white pride also usually also hate non-whites or are bigoted against them. This is a pervasive and ancient old problem with group pride and identity. Is pride a natural elevation of yourself/group? Does the first premise lead to the other?

Personally I have nothing against people of european ancestry celebrating their culture and heritage. But once it crosses into "We hate niggers and jews and muslims" that to me is the red-line. It's also very problematic when you mix belief in your own superiority and power. Last time (european people who arguably have been the most powerful group since the 18-19th century) believed in such crap and put it in practice, they mass colonized, were belligerent to and ruined hundreds of nations outside the west.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Racism is normal for you because you take it for granted because no doubt you live in a society that still believes a 19th century racial theory of biology.

And as anyone who knows biology knows that 20th century genetics has shown the 19th century racial theory is false.

So it seems you are blinkered by your own society.
    And you are not?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Racism is normal for you because you take it for granted because no doubt you live in a society that still believes a 19th century racial theory of biology.

And as anyone who knows biology knows that 20th century genetics has shown the 19th century racial theory is false.

So it seems you are blinkered by your own society.
    Racism has existed in one form another... even before the advent of scientific racism in the 19-20th century. Romans and Greeks f.ex used racist ideas and thoughts very similar to scientific racism, to differentate themselves from asiatics(western asians). The process of racialization is more important than racist taxonomy. So it's incorrect to assume that it's a 19-20th century invention. Arabic scholars and travellers f.ex had racist ideas of africans, so did crusaders of muslims and west-asians, so did russians of caucasians, and the 16-17th century japanese. And they didn't belong to the western cultural sphere at all.

In a sense the process of racialization happens, and that's a phenomenon based on a history of human societies. Whether you want to call it normal or not is a value judgement.

And racism to me isn't immoral itself. It's the actions that people ontake based on the beliefs that can be inspired by racism, it's the oppression and belligerence that arises from racist conception itself that is the problem. Tensions between whites and blacks f.ex will always exist. But when whites decide to oppress blacks, or black decide to oppress whites based on those beliefs, that is when it is immoraL. I have no doubt that america today is just as racist as it was in the early 19th and 20th century, the only difference is that it's influence as a political idea and public belief, has been discredited and diminished by egalitarian movements. Racism in the west has just been pacificed and rendered passive.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    Racism has existed in one form another... even before the advent of scientific racism in the 19-20th century. Romans and Greeks f.ex used racist ideas and thoughts very similar to scientific racism, to differentate themselves from asiatics(western asians). The process of racialization is more important than racist taxonomy. So it's incorrect to assume that it's a 19-20th century invention. Arabic scholars and travellers f.ex had racist ideas of africans, so did crusaders of muslims and west-asians, so did russians of caucasians, and the 16-17th century japanese. And they didn't belong to the western cultural sphere at all.

In a sense the process of racialization happens, and that's a phenomenon based on a history of human societies. Whether you want to call it normal or not is a value judgement.

And racism to me isn't immoral itself. It's the actions that people ontake based on the beliefs of racism, it's the oppression and belligerence that arises from racism itself.
    I'm a Mal, not a Mole.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I'm a Mal, not a Mole.
    My mistake, I was going to change the name in the quotation, but lost myself in the thought process.

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy Comeback Girl's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    yolo Ni

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    I don't approve of racism, but if people wish to be as such, who is to stop them?
    Obviously we have a different world view.
    Ewww is the new sexy

Hi! Ask me things, maybe I'll answer them! Just click here

And here's my functions: Se-Te-Fi-Fe-Ni-Ti-Ne-Si

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    Racism is normal, since it's human.
    That is the same as saying, slavery is normal, since it is human.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That is the same as saying, slavery is normal, since it is human.
    Raping sheep is normal, since it is human.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    And you are not?
    As you might imagine I am a critic of my own society first and foremost.

Developing a critique of my own society has been my major preoccupation.

And in critiquing my own society, I also critique myself.

Critiquing my own society and critiquing myself has enabled me to grow up.