User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Thread: White Pride

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    And of course there studies like in freakanomics where "Jason" gets a job over "Rashad". I think "marginal" is very much an underestimation where whiteness is concerned.
    'Marginal' relative to things like income, education, and culture, not in the sense that it has no meaningful impact.

As an aside, I think the name example too easily conflates racial assumptions with cultural assumptions that are perhaps less indicative of anti-black bias than with bias toward more recent subcultures that happen to be black (or with anti-Muslim bias, for that matter). Though admittedly, its difficult to measure the effects of subconscious racism (requiring subtlety) without relying on cultural indicators (I know there have been studies involving accents during telephone interviews, and that anti-black as well as anti-Southern bias was found, but I don't know if there's any significant difference between the results of the two types of studies).

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

I don't think it makes sense, but do whatever you want. If they want to start an all white country I'd say go for it, as long as your not forcing people to move out of their homes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    So you subscribe to a view just to look trendy then, OK...
    I'm not following this slam on Typh0n. And I've re-read the posts and I'm still lost. lol
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

MBTI
    INTP

er.. so it's inherently wrong for white supremacists to take over, but then it doesn't matter since morals are subjective?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    It can, at least in people's minds. Sure you cant get everyone under a said poltical regime to agree with that regime but you can wipe out people who dont agree. Of course my not wanting white supremacists to thrive is subjective, is thats what you're alluding to, but I feel that subjectivism has more of a place in a political climate where different folks are allowed to express different views than in one where there is only one view possible.
    That doesn't make sense.

Your subjective view means little. If you presume there are no objective morals, then your subjective view is moot compared to the white supremacists.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticbrain View Post
    If they want to start an all white country I'd say go for it.
    They tried to start an Aryan country in Europe, and it took WW II to defeat them.

But they lost, and in response we created the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    They tried to start an Aryan country in Europe, and it took WW II to defeat them.

But they lost, and in response we created the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
    I'm not sure what your point is here.

I'm not sure what your point is here.
    Well we fought a world war in part against white Aryan racism, and we codified this in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Yet you cavalierly suggest we found another white Aryan racist State. Why do you think the nations of the world would stand for it?

Also your cavalier suggestion brings your morality, common sense, prudence, and knowledge of history, into question

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    6 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Well we fought a world war in part against white Aryan racism, and we codified this in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Yet you cavalierly suggest we found another white Aryan racist State. Why do you think the nations of the world would stand for it?

Also your cavalier suggestion brings your morality, common sense, prudence, and knowledge of history, into question
    Didn't we fight a war against a nation that was putting people in concentration camps, discriminating against members of the country etc.

Not everything the Nazi's did is by default "bad". People founding a country and excluding certain people is not even in the same league as the Nazi's, I kind of feel "meh" about this conversation though really, because it's completely hypothetical and I don't care whether such a country would ever be created.

I don't care whether such a country would ever be created.
    Then why make such a genuinely evil suggestion?