User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Thread: White Pride

Quote Originally Posted by danseen View Post
    er.. society thinks that morals are subjective.

yay... let's not comprehend theories!!!
    What I fid scary is the rise of "white supremacist" parties out here in Europe, especially after looking at history a little...

I understand you were being theoretical, but theories only look good on paper, after all. Like you, I dont mind people being racist, in theory, but it scares me when people take it to fanaticism. Because wat fanatic wants his or her ideas to remian only a theory?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    What I fid scary is the rise of "white supremacist" parties out here in Europe, especially after looking at history a little...

I understand you were being theoretical, but theories only look good on paper, after all. Like you, I dont mind people being racist, in theory, but it scares me when people take it to fanaticism. Because wat fanatic wants his or her ideas to remian only a theory?
    so morality is subjective, only when it suits you? OK...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Yes it does. But belonging and pride are sort of different. Many people can be proud and not bigoted. But many people CANNOT. It's just a slippery slope. I like to think we should celebrate our differences. Not be divided by them.
    Hmm...

Never mind, I think I have everything I need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    I'm not ashamed to be white. But this "pride" in our heritage is a slippery slope as it:

A) Is not something we have the least bit control over.
    B) Does not make us "chosen" in any way, shape or form over another.
    C) Lends itself to bigoted behavior

And since whites far and wide have the most advantages and have been the main perpetrators of bigotry over non-whites----- I am not proud of people who behave that way and give my skin a bad name! I see people as the same color. I see all people as purple, green, orange - every color of the rainbow. People's color comes through from their spirit- their soul- their essence. Not the color of their skin. When we die- all of our skin turns ashen gray. Before it disintigrates off of our bones and turns to dust. It's our souls that live on.
    Anyone can be racist, regardless of who detains "priviledge". I agree though, that almost always "white pride" movements lead to extreme forms of racism and should not be allowed to have a place in society.

Another thing you may have noticed is that I put the word "white" in quotes. Thats because I think its a rather poor designation for European peoples in general, of which there are many different heritages(just as "black" is a poor designation for the ethicities and peoples from the African continent generally) I dont believe in white pride, but I dont believe in white guilt/shame either, as they both stem from ingorance and stupidity anyways.

so morality is subjective, only when it suits you? OK...
    LOLwut?

I didnt say anything about morality, so I dont follow you.

MBTI
    INTP

eh? never mind. if white supremacism is on the rise, then so be it, it's the new social order.

eh? never mind. if white supremacism is on the rise, then so be it, it's the new social order.

MBTI
    INTP

just stating an opinion. if you cannot handle that, get over it already..

MBTI
    INTP

It's just funny that you mention how much morals means shit, but then yell out at the free will of others lol..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Anyone can be racist, regardless of who detains "priviledge". I agree though, that almost always "white pride" movements lead to extreme forms of racism and should not be allowed to have a place in society.

Another thing you may have noticed is that I put the word "white" in quotes. Thats because I think its a rather poor designation for European peoples in general, of which there are many different heritages(just as "black" is a poor designation for the ethicities and peoples from the African continent generally) I dont believe in white pride, but I dont believe in white guilt/shame either, as they both stem from ingorance and stupidity anyways.
    Yeah really. What does white mean?
    And yeah- I don't have to feel guilt for something I didn't do- but it is shameful people use my race as a way to act superior over others and control others. That is very shameful.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8