First 3111213141523 Last

Thread: White Pride

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

@Saudade I like rights and equality for everyone (I'm bisexual), but yes you're right; pride is awfully stupid.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    but yes you're right; pride is awfully stupid.
    I see you didn't understand my post.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I see you didn't understand my post.
    That I did, I was just trying to make you angry by acting like I didn't understand your sarcasm. And well, I don't agree with you either. I'm not saying I'm unproud about things, I'm just saying it's not very justifiable to be proud about race. I may have spoken too soon, I do that a lot. I still think race pride is stupid though, it might be necessary for oppressed minorities though; I'm not sure yet. By the way you never told us why it's important to be proud of one's heritage.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Whatever. You suck at arguing.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I just don't care.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    "If someone calls you out on your white privilege, they are not marginalizing you.
    The rest of the quote contradicts the opening statement, revealing the ideological 'white privilege' paradigm, in practice, as an attempt to shame, intimidate or silence opposing viewpoints in the pursuit of preconceived policy aims while strengthening ideological commitment through the promotion of an 'us versus them' mindset.

As for the OP, racial pride movements of any type inevitably promote racism and bigotry, with no redeeming features that could not be better achieved through cultural pride movements (and then only if cultural pride movements are open to newcomers willing to assimilate into the culture). In other words, fuck those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Sort of. I don't begrudge anyone for repping their group.

What I do mind is how exaggerated some of the claims of victimization are. As if we are living through, Jim Crow, Kristallnacht, and the cultural revolution all rolled into one.

Yes, my biggest point of umbrage is that multiculturalism has amounted to a special seat at the table for everyone but us

Even if we broke it down to regional culture that'd be just fine. Just so long as we all get a special place.
    The point is that YOU ALREADY DO HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE. You have had generations after generations of being the head of the damn table, and dictating what's on the menu, every freaking night, which everyone will have to eat (or historically, not even get a share!) with barely any choice in input! This is why it is called privilege.

The fact that you fail to recognize that, and are lamenting over the fact that your special place is aiming to be crumbled - because, you know, that's one of the consequences of moving towards racial equality - speaks loudly to how you view your identity (threat versus welcomed change).

This is racism.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Pride always comes before the fall.
    Well, yeah, the events are always held in the summer, before autumn hits.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    How condescending.
    You take your whiteness seriously, you hope a white student union is allowed to be formed. And you tie that to being American (your words, not mine). How is my pointing out the obvious, condescending?

Let's be real.

Are Black folks in African countries privileged over ex-pat foreigner whites simply because theirs is the extant culture?
    Theoretically, that could well be true. In reality? I'd like you to give an example of where, even in African countries, whites have been systematically disadvantaged or marginalized, even while being the minority. Hint: it's not South Africa.

If it were black folks coming over instead of puritans on the May Flower, then shit might be different, but it's not.
    No, they came over on such ships as Lord Ligonier.

That's called luck of the draw sport.
    It wasn't a luck of the draw.

I think you're reading your history books incorrectly.

According to your logic I could transplant to Mozambique and bemoan my plight suffering under the yoke of the dominant culture.
    Again, in theory, if you are marginalized, yes, you can. But, reality is, I'd say you'd be viewed as closer to the Portugese living there - and well.......yeah.

You keep bringing up theoretical points, while completely ignoring the reality of the situation. I don't get it.