User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm connecting concerns about crime with the concerns about terrorism, which reached their zenith over a decade ago. Today, the NSA is not popular, and some people believe that there is some sort sinister conspiracy at work. But I think the attitudes of Americans after 9/11 showed a great deal of support for the NSA. I don't buy the conspiracy angle, especially because you don't even need it. People want this stuff, especially if they feel threatened.

You seem threatened by this news story, or at least outraged. Usually, when people are vocal about that, they demand authorities "do something."' They should probably do something but I'm not sure the kinds of solutions we get are necessary. People have this mentality that if you give the FBI/CIA/NSA/Police enough power, crime/terrorism will no longer exist. And yet, crime/terrorism continues to thrive. So what is it accomplishing, really? I'd like to see a more psychological/sociological approach to these kinds of problems (not purely because of "PC feel-good " reasons, but because it's not as though the "non-PC" approach is doing such a smashing job), but so many people refuse to consider something even remotely like that because it bucks up against their white-hatted cowboy mentality. The white-hatted cowboy mentality is what wins elections.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

They're black teens dressed like hood rats, so I'll go ahead and make the half-logical assumption that they've grown up with hip hop as an influence for their entire lives and are acting out in the method condoned by their role models and reinforced by the criminal elements they're exposed to at school or in the community.

White suburban kids who dress like hood rats typically don't have the balls to actually follow through on things like that and don't have the social pressure from or everyday exposure to criminals who would desensitize them to that sort of thing.

Suburban kids are too busy hitting each other in the balls trying to see who's the first to pass out for that reason.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

What is fascinating is how conformist young people are, and how they follow fashion across the world.

We saw this in the sixties when the Red Guard in China were imitated in Western countries. And we see it today when the knockout in the USA is imitated in Australia with the king hit.

Ginkgo

A cruel and cowardly way to preserve solidarity among gang bangers and even other groups of kids who are completely unprepared to face the consequences.

I imagine that if you refuse to participate, your group of "friends" shuns you, at which point you become a target for their standard form of harassment or even worse.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    A cruel and cowardly way to preserve solidarity among gang bangers and even other groups of kids who are completely unprepared to face the consequences.

I imagine that if you refuse to participate, your group of "friends" shuns you, at which point you become a target for their standard form of harassment or even worse.
    Yup. It's just another form of the many forms of group bonding that occur all over the world, not just America. Typically, you must do something to prove you belong, and it has to be something outrageous or what's the point? It's stupid and dangerous to innocent people (some of which probably engaged in the same sort of thing as teens) and it's not new at all. Just has a new name for a new generation.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

People are pathetic, stupid and cruel. Nothing new here; just that it is pathetic, stupid and cruel.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qrious View Post
    I am so disgusted that I don't know what to say.

This new phenomenon amongst American teens - a game called "Knockout".

Aim of the game?

Be dared by your posse to knock out/knock unconscious an unsuspecting passerby, with one punch. Target can by anyone. Men, women.

Video maybe disturbing to some viewers:
    http://www.kisscleveland.com/pages/j...duration=72000

I'm sure there's commentaries to be made about the types of youth that engage in this. But, the lack of compassion, the blasé attitude of the teens being interviewed is what is the most disconcerting. The passive supporters in this macho, sadistic game
    I work with an ENFJ who is 50 who used to do this during his "gangsta/meth" days back in the 80s. It's not exactly new. It being publicized on you tube is likely so.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

This is about as common as the frequency in which I have kidney stones.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    This is about as common as the frequency in which I have kidney stones.
    We have just had a murder trial of a young man who king hit an innocent young man on a night out with his girlfriend and killed him.

This trial for the king hit has been on the front page of our newspapers, and the New South Wales legislature had brought down a law to make a king hit a serious crime with a long jail term.

It is far too common a crime that has become a fashion.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Idunno, I refuse to believe anything the news says anymore.

"Teenagers like to play a new game" doesn't mean, "every teenager across america now plays a game."

it means at least 1 instance of teens has occurred of them playing the game. In most cases this usually means, it probably happened 3 times at most in one location.

With that being said, does anyone remember edward snowden? does anyone care? Probably not, because the government pays the media to drowns out important news with stupid shit so that you'll forget about it.