User Tag List

View Poll Results: Women, do you kill bugs/arachnids/rodents in your house/apartment yourself?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 46.67%
  • no

0 0%
  • killing cockroaches is immoral

1 6.67%
  • I'm a lazy slob and I don't care

3 20.00%
  • Jar Jar Binks

4 26.67%
123 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default Women and the killing of insects/arachnicds/rodent

Do you kill bugs/arachnids/rodents in your house/apartment yourself, or do you try to get someone of the opposite sex to do it?

(This is what the question should be .....argh. Women ONLY.)

I don't know if this is the right forum for sociology, move this thing if you must.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I do not kill spiders because they are allowed to live in my house because they kill bugs. I am pretty terrified of camel/cave/spider crickets, so I ignore them and hope they will go away. Usually the dog eats them. I kill cockroaches/mice/mosquitos/fleas. I generally ignore flies.

If there are vermin in the house, the kids generally don't get their dad, they get me. He has been known to take mice to the edge of the yard and release them. I think I did have him handle things the time a bat got in the house, though.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my preference is to get them out of the house rather than kill them but i will if it has to be done...it just usually doesn't.

i have usually been less freaked out by them then whatever opposite gender person was around.

eta: there have been a few times where i was a lil freaked out because it seemed as tho the spider that i allowed to stay where they were suddenly started following me around. like they were planning their attack. i wasn't all jumpy freaked out. just...sort of trying to figure out his motives haha

but if i'm not sure if he's some lethal type...he'll definitely be kicked out.

etaa: oooh and one time my exhusband had set mice traps in the garage and we accidentally trapped a chipmunk.
    i tried to set him free...well i did...but apparently not his hands. i was so traumatized. i would never buy those traps again...just yuck.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I'll kill some stuff. Mostly I run. I don't try to get men to kill pests though. I just want to leave until they're probably gone. Anything besides centipedes I'm pretty cool with though. Live and let live, no?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Maybe I should have done it by type of creature..... My mom would kill insects, but would refuse to go anywhere near even a dead mouse.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Maybe I should have done it by type of creature..... My mom would kill insects, but would refuse to go anywhere near even a dead mouse.
    I feel like everyone's got their things. I had a bad experience with a centipede so that's my phobia. Maybe your mom got her lunch eaten by a mouse when she was a young lass.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I feel like everyone's got their things. I had a bad experience with a centipede so that's my phobia. Maybe your mom got her lunch eaten by a mouse when she was a young lass.
    i had a scorpion experience. i might totally ask somebody nearby to handle that one.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I don't like wasps. Bees I'm chill with.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I pick up dead mice and I picked up the dead possum in the yard. Not with my bare hands, mind you, but I don't mind that kind of thing as much as my husband does, so I handle it.

I do freak out if I'm weeding and a slug gets on me, though. If a creepy-crawly startles me, I jump and squeal, but then I deal with it. When I was putting water pipes and wiring in the crawl space, there were God knows how many camel crickets staring at me with their beady eyes and twitchy antennae. It had to be done and I was the one that could fit in there, so I just tried not to look at them. Thank God none of them decided to jump on me.

I handle stingy things okay. I wasn't ever stung by anything until I was in my mid-twenties, so they don't freak me out as much as they do a lot of people.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm with @cafe on spiders, and also willingly dispose of anything else that shouldn't be around. We had an interesting episode at work recently - I might have mentioned it elsewhere. A few of us were headed with our boss toward her office. One of the guys noticed a small, harmless garter snake outside the office door. The boss wouldn't go near it. The secretary (female) came over to see what the commotion was, and shrieked and ran away. A couple more guys came (total of 4 now). They kept their distance, pointed at it, and said things like, "that shouldn't be there". No kidding, but they weren't about to do anything about it. I was the one who finally picked it up and took it outside, to the far end of the parking lot.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...