User Tag List

View Poll Results: Women, do you kill bugs/arachnids/rodents in your house/apartment yourself?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 46.67%
  • no

0 0%
  • killing cockroaches is immoral

1 6.67%
  • I'm a lazy slob and I don't care

3 20.00%
  • Jar Jar Binks

4 26.67%
First 456

WALMART

@Lexicon, that was a soul-crushing display of attention to detail in regards to the vulgarity involved ridding oneself of a rodent problem.

King would be proud.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    @Lexicon, that was a soul-crushing display of attention to detail in regards to the vulgarity involved ridding oneself of a rodent problem.

King would be proud.

I just wanted to emphasize that.. I delivered them from their pain.. they had to die..
    (Fe knows what mice need more than they do, ofc)
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post

I just wanted to emphasize that.. I delivered them from their pain.. they had to die..
    (Fe knows what mice need more than they do, ofc)
    your syntax was creeply in line with another famous harbinger of mousey doom

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    your syntax was creeply in line with another famous harbinger of mousey doom

I'll take that as a compliment of the highest esteem.

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Honestly I have a bit of a soft spot for mice (or animals in general). I think if I'd have my own house I'd probably end up keeping all the ones I caught in the traps as pets. Because I wouldn't want to put them outside - so many other dangerous things could happen to them!
    Aww. Yeah. I have a general rule of not killing anything unless it's actively infringing on my body (mosquitoes, I'm looking at you) or has likely potential to kill me or others around us. That goes from insects to rodents to snakes to slugs. I figure it's not their fault I put my dwelling all up in the middle of their environment.

brainheart

I don't kill anything. I take it all outside. And yes, I'm the one who does it. I have a thing for insects and spiders, I admit. And I have cats so no mice come near my house. They're smarter than that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

If it's a big solitary bug Ill take it outside. If its something like ants or cockroaches I'll try to kill it.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Do you kill bugs/arachnids/rodents in your house/apartment yourself, or do you try to get someone of the opposite sex to do it?

(This is what the question should be .....argh. Women ONLY.)

I don't know if this is the right forum for sociology, move this thing if you must.
    I'm getting to be a sentimental old fool in my old age and have begun to hate killing things. I am increasingly inclined to grant clemency to intruders upon my domain. Some rules of thumb:

- cockroaches creep me out too much even to kill them. Especially the giant tropical ones in my country. As long as they stay hidden, we're good. If they start taking over, I get out a bug bomb.
    - spiders stay because they eat mosquitoes which bear disease in my country. I am extremely hesitant to kill spiders
    - mosquitoes I kill on sight, without remorse
    - other insects I try to shoo back outside (grasshoppers, flies, caterpillars, etc)
    - fruitflies I just ignore
    - ants, there's just nothing you can do about them in my country. They're everywhere no matter what you do. I generally just walk on them and/or brush them off of whatever they're currently invading.
    - I leave the mice to my cat.

I am a particular friend to mice, but when I catch them on sticky traps, I do the heavy deed of executing them before putting them in the trash (seems more humane than leaving them to die in that way). My living situation doesn't allow "freeing" them.

There are no men in my life, and I don't see the need to cower behind one to deal with a simple matter like the domestic fauna. I hold scientific interest in damn near every creepy-crawlie on earth (cockroaches, of course, excepted) and therefore do not require assistance.

Although I did call someone to remove a dead cat from my balcony once. I was unwell at the time.

Ginkgo

I've owned several insects as pets. You could say there's a mental alignment chart I keep in mind that indicates whether different species are friend or foe. It's tiresome but ultimately worth it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

I take it outside no matter what it is. If I can't touch it due to slight possibilities of rabies or other health issues I capture it under a bowl and maneuver it outside. The only time I kill insects is when they are torturing my spider-phobic brother in the middle of the night and I've already taken my sleeping pills. But even then I usually get them out the window if I have enough sense to do so.

I rarely go out of my way for another human the way I would for an animal or an insect.
    But there are some exceptions.

It may also be worth mentioning that when I have cats and they eat small animals, I cheer them on.
    Cats will be cats.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se