User Tag List

View Poll Results: Women, do you kill bugs/arachnids/rodents in your house/apartment yourself?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 46.67%
  • no

0 0%
  • killing cockroaches is immoral

1 6.67%
  • I'm a lazy slob and I don't care

3 20.00%
  • Jar Jar Binks

4 26.67%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I'm able to kill rodents, bees, & spiders. I've got some weird insect phobias though. Killing grasshoppers, crickets, those big 'waterbug' roaches, moths, or locusts is completely out of the question. I will call my husband (whilst freaking out) in a second to take care of them. He knows his bug killing responsibilities well. If I am not at home, any able bodied male or female around will be asked to take care of it. I could care less if it is a person of the opposite sex or not. I'm looking for competency only when it comes to this type of problem.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I have two house spiders, they're my mosquito killing pets.

Ironically they're both wolf spiders. They dont spin webs.

PS: My sister kills everything, my mother prefers to catch everything and release it outside.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Wolf spiders scare the crap out of me. That’s the only spider (thus far) that I’ve needed someone else to get rid of. Just about anything else I either capture and throw outside or (if it’s a spider) I use the vacuum and kid myself and tell myself it can’t get back out. And I don’t really care if it does get back out, I just want it out of sight and nowhere near wherever I caught it. [And with smaller spiders, I might not even bother catching them- so long as they keep the webs and nests out of sight.]

The only thing I’ll kill directly are ants and mosquitoes. And I invariably feel guilty about the ants (but not the mosquitoes).

I’ve only ever seen a mouse once (in my own living space- I'm not counting the times I've seen one in someone else's place, because that wouldn't be my responsibility). My reaction was to scream and jump onto the sofa, which I thought was hilarious because I never, never would have guessed that’s what I’d actually do. It’s the stereotypical response- to scream and jump up onto furniture- and I always thought, “like anyone would ever really do that.” But I totally did. I’m not sure what I’d have done if I saw it again (indicating I’d need to ‘get rid’ of it- it seems to have left on its own….maybe because I have cats).
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

have you ever seen a banana spider?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I do not kill spiders because they are allowed to live in my house because they kill bugs.
    Same here for same reason , i also welcome lady bugs in my home because they eat some really really tiny insects that might be hidden somewhere, just as long as they dont start a family in my home(which they never had). Luckily there isnt many spiders or other insects or animals where i live that get inside my home, except twice a bird woke me up by coming inside my bedroom, but no need to kill them
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post

Also, dude, your poll is topsy turvy. I have no clue how to vote using that thing
    I botched the thread big time. The question is actually in the first post. And yes, I also realized that the subject heading is full of mistakes.

I don't like maggots, either, but I had to suck it up and deal with them when a mouse got stuck in the trap over the weekend when I was away. Did I mention it was July 4th weekend with 100 degree temperatures? Heat changes the decomposition rate a lot. I couldn't eat anything but popsicles the rest of that day... I didn't think I would have been able to keep it down.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    have you ever seen a banana spider?
    I haven't. Are you talking about the spiders that were found on bananas this past week- and some family had to be evacuated from their house because the bananas they brought home with their groceries had a nest of killer spiders on it? That actually scared me out of getting any bananas this week- as illogical as that may be.

eta: I'd google "banana spider" to see if that's what you're talking about- but then I might actually have to see one, and I'd totally rather not.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

I usually just let bugs and spiders go, unless someone else is afraid of them or they're in a place they really shouldn't be (bed, near food, etc.). If the rodent was small enough to use a mouse trap on, I'd take care of it myself. I don't know what I'd do if it was bigger.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Hey, I can fix the poll but it'll lose any answers it already has. Let me know in a PM if you want me to do that, and if so, what the poll title and options should be.

I am terrified of moths (don't judge). I will enlist anyone's help for those. I've made my daughter do moth removals when my husband isn't here. Other than that, unless it flies, I guess we're pretty equal-opportunity. I will fuck a roach up (again, unless it flies- then I chicken out). I don't mind spiders at all though if they're big or in an inconvenient place I'll usually put them outside, and thank goodness we've never had any rodents in the house but I don't think I'd have any problem heading up a rodent removal plan as long as I didn't have to actually touch it. Traps or whatever, I'm okay with handling those.

MBTI
    yupp

the music my room mate listens to would probably kill all pests and vermin, it's so shitty.