User Tag List

View Poll Results: Women, do you kill bugs/arachnids/rodents in your house/apartment yourself?

15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 46.67%
  • no

0 0%
  • killing cockroaches is immoral

1 6.67%
  • I'm a lazy slob and I don't care

3 20.00%
  • Jar Jar Binks

4 26.67%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Women and the killing of insects/arachnicds/rodent

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    my preference is to get them out of the house rather than kill them but i will if it has to be just usually doesn't.

i have usually been less freaked out by them then whatever opposite gender person was around.
    Yeah this basically...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

729 sx/sp
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I do freak out if I'm weeding and a slug gets on me, though.
    slugs are my favorite. and worms.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    slugs are my favorite. and worms.
    Red worms are my favorite fishing bait.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

I love pouring salt on slugs. and I get an odd satisfaction over killing bugs, don't know about rodents never had that problem. I get sad when fleas getting taken care of, just i can no longer kill them by squishing them. though they are annoying their is that sense of lost

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Bed Bugs can only be exterminated by a professional pest controller using DEET.

The gender of the pest controller doesn't seem to matter.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on

And to understand the internet click on

Enter the Maelstrom with Marshall McLuhan by clicking on

Senior Member Array SubtleFighter's Avatar
    6w5 sx/so

Lol, I don't live with someone of the opposite sex. I'm afraid of spiders, but I've learned to kill them myself (shudders). Any spider I see gets killed mercilessly. Any other bug pretty much gets a free pass because when I see it, I get a shock of fear for a second that it might be a spider, and then I get a rush of relief that it's not one. So they get to live . The only exceptions to this are mosquitos and bees, which could actually hurt me. Thankfully, I don't live in an area with cockroaches, and I've never had to deal with rodents yet. I'd kill cockroaches myself . . . as for rodents, uh yeah, I'll see what I end up doing if (when) that happens.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

7w6 sx/so

I'm not a girl but I hate bugs.

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

4w5 sx/sp

I'll kill bugs but if I ever saw a rodent in the house I would be screaming and leaving and making my boyfriend do it.

Actually one time there was a cockroach in mu hotel room and me and my cousins called the front desk to send someone to kill it for us.

5w4 sp/sx

I don't understand why some people have a problem with spiders or mice. Spiders are good for the apartment, so I let them live here and though there aren't any mice around here, I find both mice and rats kind of cute.

For anthing else (wasps, roaches, etc): if I want it dead or removed (caught and then thrown out) I do it myself. That also goes for maggots - the only thing I do find disgusting. In any case I am far less screamish than my male SO
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

4dw sx/so
    IEx None

I'm...arachnophobic. So anything with 8 legs has got to *GO*. Or I won't sleep. 8 is just too many legs, I'm sorry. Luckily, I live in Europe where the only poisonous spider isn't able to pierce our skins anyways, but its just...
    No, the idea of that thing on my skin....*shivers*

After seeing me respond to a rather large spider crawling from under a stack of dishes I was about to do with screaming and stomping my feet on the floor, my INTJ - who before didn't believe one could be so scared of a small critter - sort of looked at me wide-eyed, got up slowly and went 'Ok, so that is something we're going to manage from now on.' He then proceeded to get rid of the spider. And that was that. Since it is his call, he'll kill them if they are too big - grossness factor - or just put them outside if he is up for it.

Since we had a long-distance relationship for many years though, I was often alone when I was surrounded by spiders. I remember cat and dog sitting during spider season at my mom's house - and her house of course is in the country. They took over the Tv-corner, which I let them have. But when one appeared in the shower, I was kind of....stumped. I had 2 weeks left in that house and my INTJ wasn't coming for another week. I wasn't about to not shower. So, I took their 6 week old kitten, stuffed it in the shower, closed the door and waited 3 minutes. Problem solved. At home, we had less spiders as we lived in the city, and well..6 cats kept most of the bugs under control

When it does not pertain spiders, he does tend to take care of it as well, unless its stripy and has wings. That's my department as he has never been stung before and prefers to keep it that way - and I'm more animal inclined. Oddly, I've been stung 4 times by now, and am still not scared of those things. Not a fan, but not scared

INTJ usually does the bugs - especially spiders as I'm arachnophobic -but I take care of anything stripy and flying and anything obviously gross, like maggots since I'm typically the animal manager in our relationship. And of course the cats pitch in and often take care of bugs and mice before we have to step in. Team effort

Also, I consider it invasion of space when they come in, as they do space invasion on your body as well and that is where I draw the line. If i can put them outside without killing them, I will though.

Also, dude, your poll is topsy turvy. I have no clue how to vote using that thing