User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I've seen those signs here in SoCal as well. These are not classic Tea Partiers. These are the Lyndon LaRouche followers. If you read the wiki entry on LaRouche, you'll discover that this guy ran as a Democrat 7 times.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Obama's agenda is identical to the agenda of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer, Chuck Schumer, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and every other liberal in Congress. When I say "liberal", I mean a statist who wants to empower the government to run people's lives. The Tea Party in contrast seeks to limit government power so as to give people more liberty. Have you noticed that the annual budget deficit is below $1 trillion for the first time in Obama's term? What happened? It was the Tea Party reining in the spending and forcing Obama to come up with the sequestration cuts. Everyone who wants fiscal responsibility should thank the Tea Party because this is the only faction in Congress interested in fiscal sanity.
    Identical? Really? That's a pretty strong claim. What evidence do you have that all of these people have identical agendas?

The Tea Party seeks to limit government power to give some people more liberty, like giving Christians the liberty to impose their religion on others, like giving corporations (which are people) the liberty of polluting other peoples' land/water/etc without any penalty. Those are just a couple examples of awesomeness Tea Partiers support.

I don't think anyone can say who exactly deserves credit for the deficit being below $1 trillion. I personally don't think anyone does. It's a matter of circumstance.

I'll never "thank" a group of people that believes threatening to not pay your bills is fiscally responsible (debt ceiling lunacy).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Generally? Frustration level.

Frustration with how large and tumorous the government has become, frustrated by peoples' confidence in its "efficiency" (Obamacare Rollout FTW), frustrated by the amount of corruption that exists within the government, particularly in the area of government funding.

Basically, it's exasperation to get control back over the system by hacking and slashing anything structurally not core to what the government was back when it was established.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    Generally? Frustration level.

Frustration with how large and tumorous the government has become, frustrated by peoples' confidence in its "efficiency" (Obamacare Rollout FTW), frustrated by the amount of corruption that exists within the government, particularly in the area of government funding.

Basically, it's exasperation to get control back over the system by hacking and slashing anything structurally not core to what the government was back when it was established.
    The big government is no bigger an issue now than it was under George W. Bush. I always wonder where the Tea Party was then.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The big government is no bigger an issue now than it was under George W. Bush. I always wonder where the Tea Party was then.
    For most of his presidency the population was too distracted to notice what he was doing. When he did the Patriot Act, it was right after 9/11. But when he bailed out he banks, people were losing their life savings and were already frustrated with all of the small bullshit that had happened along the way. It was the concrete pylon that broke the camel's back.

They were there, but nothing had happened to stem them into action. They were mumbling and getting disgruntled.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

What is the difference between Tea Party republicans and the 'normal' republicans?
    Normal republicans look like this:

Because they have money.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.