12311 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default my solution to the public shooting problem in the U.S.

Now before any naive people suggest this is about mental illness, you need to check your statistics on mentally ill women and non-white men, who are much less likely to randomly kill in public spaces. So much so that to me "mental illness" seems like a bleeding heart irrational cop out.

[hostile comment removed]

It's terrorism, plain and simple. It's terrorism in a pathetic attempt to glorify the self.

White male terrorists who shoot innocent people for no good reason should be captured alive and taken to terrorist prison camps, just like their Jihadist counterparts. To do anything less is naive stupidity and racism.
    Last edited by highlander; 11-03-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And to be clear, I am not suggesting all white males are terrorists, or even close to a majority. I am suggesting that the minority who are terrorists should be socially labeled and treated as such in their punishment, rather than fifty more idiotic news reports asking what went wrong with upper middle class white Johnny and how can we heeeeellllp hiiiiimmm...meanwhile, ten more of his kind go out and repeat the same act. I am sick of the bullshit.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Now before any naive people suggest this is about mental illness, you need to check your statistics on mentally ill women and non-white men, who are much less likely to randomly kill in public spaces. So much so that to me "mental illness" seems like a bleeding heart irrational cop out. [hostile comment removed]

It's terrorism, plain and simple. It's terrorism in a pathetic attempt to glorify the self.

White male terrorists who shoot innocent people for no good reason should be captured alive and taken to terrorist prison camps, just like their Jihadist counterparts. To do anything less is naive stupidity and racism.
    Hello Marmotini,

I think you've alluded to a symptom of the problem, which is to say I disagree that a segment of the white male population is the drive behind mass shootings. Agreed that white males are the main "culprits". A look at mass shootings statistics will confirm this. (not going to bother sourcing this since it's so readily apparent)

However a look at suicide stats will also reveal that the vast majority of male suicides in the U.S. are also white males in their 30's-40s and are overrepresented based on % of the general population http://www.suicide.org/suicide-statistics.html alternatively check out the CDC, which keeps stats on how everyone dies http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr61_04.pdf I think this is relevant. I think mass shooters are suicidal (lack of contingency or escape plans) with a side of pissed the F off at someone, something.

A deeper look at the racial divide of male suicide rates has led me to believe that it's "expectation" of success or failure, in achieving the American Dream that causes white men to reach for suicide upon failure. Why? I think the answer is straightforward. Among the races, people perceive that it is the Caucasian who has least amount of racial disadvantages and also the most advantages. This is useful in achieving the American Dream. What is the American Dream? I'd hazard to say that it contains:

1) Education
    2) Career
    3) Marriage
    4) Kids
    5) McMansion
    5a) White picket fence and a dog are optional but popular

Male roles are the core of their identity, not their gender. We identify ourselves by our vocations and pursuits vs. our penis, Caucasian or otherwise. Females are the opposite. They have a strong identity with their gender and a bias towards other women Rudman, L. A.; Goodwin, S. A. (2004), "Gender differences in automatic in-group bias". Men often pursue the role and form their identity by being Husband and Father (see above American Dream).

What do you think is going to happen when you lose your "identity", the wife, the kids, heck even the dog and have a good chunk of your productivity taken away from you? You sir, have failed. Well, that is the conclusion I'd guess most men reach. Most men get back on the horse and continue to live healthy "normal" lives. Others just aren't equipped or ready to deal with this and lack a social network to help cope.

What is to stop you when you are at this stage in your life from doing something so horrible? In a word: Values. An inspection of mass shootings history will show that it is a relatively recent phenomena, but I digress and my thoughts on values and how they relate to mass shootings is for another thread.

Marmotini, you're not making any sense injecting cultural narcissism into the equation. One of the last things I'd think a narcissist to do would be to end their grandiose sense of self via suicide by cop/a mass shooting.

"...white males feeling entitled to special treatment..." I don't think it's a feeling of entitlement but of expectation, albeit subconscious, which is merely a tool/advantage to fulfill their role and form an identity.

I don't think it's terrorism and I think your use of the word devalues real terrorism. Additionally I also don't think "it's" an attempt to achieve glory per se, that's just the spin that mass media puts on it, indirectly.

In the world of sexual reproduction a penis has very little intrinsic value. A uterus could go for a cool mil, a penis maybe 1k and an ejaculation about .25 cents. "We" know this. Why you think that because we have a penis that "we" expect the world to fall at our feet is beyond me. Unless you are a feminist?

Thanks Marmotini for bringing up the topic of mass shootings.
    Last edited by Randomnity; 11-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ok we are going to have to disagree, and I will address more of what you said in detail later, but shooting random people in public places is a form of terrorism. Especially since it has become such a constant occurrence. If it's not terrorism to kill and injure a group of people, ground 700 flights, and cause traffic jams that last twelve hours....dude do you understand what terrorism is? Yes, it's terrorism to pull children out of school because you murdered their teachers and class mates. It's terrorism for some kind of imaginary cause they have dreamed up, and if they weren't completely narcissistic scum bags, they would stay home and kill themselves in the privacy of their own homes and stop taking other people with them.

It is narcissistic because they want to be remembered, even if it's for doing something horrible and meaningless.

They are not crying for help or serving a cause for humanity. They are monsters. They see others commit mass murder and want to do it too.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I absolutely agree.

terrorism  
    Use Terrorism in a sentence
    ter·ror·ism [ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
    noun
    the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
    the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
    a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

I don't see any difference between a crazy white guy fanatic, a crazy black guy fanatic, and a crazy islamic fanatic shooting up schools.

Send them to camps where we hold other terrorists. They clearly are not citizens of the US outside of birth rights--and while I am a huge supporter of prison reformation practices, I don't feel that we ever release these guys once we have them anyways, so why not strip them of everything and shove them in with the rest of the jerks that attack public places in the name of insert-anything-here?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Terrorist prison camps? What's that? Sounds unnecessary, why not just normal jail (and attempts at rehab)? I don't get it.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

This is a cultural narcissism problem, particularly in regards to white males feeling entitled to special treatment, and being whining assholes that the world is not falling at their feet because they have a Caucasian penis.
    It's curious, but those mass shootings don't seem to occur where the large majority of so called "white Caucasian penises" are. I mean: in Europe.

[hostile comment removed]

Maybe this issue is more related to the second amendment of the constitution of the United States, who knows?
    Last edited by highlander; 11-03-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's because you guys aren't really being challenged on your privilege ...white American men actually must share with other cultures here, on a large scale...we also have more of a sense of narcissistic entitlement in the U.S. as well ...these douche bags want to be celebrities. Being a soldier could mean dying unknown.They want be SPESHUL ....even if what they do is horrific and meaningless. They want to be like Mickey and Mallory.

You also don't have the extreme class disparity in your country, or the narcissistic external validation culture that surrounds the new American dream in your country.

You are waaaaay oversimplifying, @Blackmail!

You are wrong. We need gun control, but that is not why this keeps happening.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

You also don't have the extreme class disparity in your country, or the narcissistic external validation culture that surrounds the new American dream in your country.
    Are we soooo anatomically and mentally different from our American counterparts?

If so why are you mentioning "white Caucasian penises" as the most obvious culprit?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Are we soooo anatomically and mentally different from our American counterparts?

If so why are you mentioning "white Caucasian penises" as the most obvious culprit?
    I guess the thought of a penis was so distracting for you that you were unable to comprehend the rest of it.