User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Um no, the people committing this PARTICULAR CRIME are usually white males, just as most drive by shooting were done by African American men. I am sure that doesn't offend any of you though. If I tell you gang violence involving drive bys in the 90s were majority African Americans, you would be like sure yeah let's discuss sociology. But since white men mostly commit this crime, you all would prefer to get your collective panties in a wad, even after I clarified that I never implied that white men are like this in general, but the ones who are need to be dealt with realistically and severely.
    I said "mass shootings" to specify the crime.

I realize you never said white men are like this in general.

I'm simply stating that white men do not appear (based on stats I calculated a few posts above) to commit mass shootings at a rate higher than their proportion to the population (removing gender).

If AA's commit drive-by's at a rate much much higher than their proportion of the population, than it suggests there is something unique going on in the AA community.

But white men seem to commit mass shootings at a rate proportional to the rate all other men commit mass shootings. This doesn't disprove there is something perhaps unique about the mind of white shooters, but it doesn't demonstrate that there is something special going on there either.

I think the way you deal with an organized domestic terror cell is different in a lot of ways but severe punishment certainly seems appropriate.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Inari Love

They have mental issues, no doubt, but lots of people have mental illness and don't want to shoot strangers in public places and make a spectacle or statement. I honestly think that any one who believes these guys don't have an agenda are pretty much off their rocker. People without agendas don't plan to terrorize elementary schools or kill TSA agents. Lots of people are suicidal and just quietly take their own lives. Others do things like kill their partner or their spouse. It takes a real narcissistic entitlement to take random strangers lives, and disturbing that many more In other forms of intrusive harm.

@kquirk

No, sociopaths and narcissists don't have normal empathy. However pathological narcissism is not grounds for an insanity plea, and neither is sociopathy.

The only recent one I would quantify as legally insane is the joker in the movie theater. But he is likely ALSO a narcissist.

It's not a coincidence that twenty five mass shooting occurred between 2006 and 2012...lots of people were mentally ill or owned guns before that. This is a cultural disease.
    I see what you mean. I though that you were discrediting mental illness all together, it seems though, that it's a mix of both.

I still think this type of entitlement mentality comes from the environment you're raised in and I think in a way it can relate to certain personalities.

Like as a kid, I thought I was a bad person if I got a low grade...sad now to look back on that...but if that made me feel like I was bad...then killing someone could not really be entertained in my head, cause that would be REALLY bad...

So maybe these people are desensitized?

I think it has a lot to do with shame as well.

We are a country full of shame, about everything. And shame can go both ways. Especially when someone's placed in an extreme environment.

When someone is not given the proper tools to thrive, I can see why they could go postal and want radical, irrational, change...

Not that I agree with any of it but I can cetainly understand why these people are so crazy.

I also think that all parties need to take a little bit responsibility though. I am a firm believer in being pro-active instead of reactive.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I said "mass shootings" to specify the crime.

I realize you never said white men are like this in general.

I'm simply stating that white men do not appear (based on stats I calculated a few posts above) to commit mass shootings at a rate higher than their proportion to the population (removing gender).

If AA's commit drive-by's at a rate much much higher than their proportion of the population, than it suggests there is something unique going on in the AA community.

But white men seem to commit mass shootings at a rate proportional to the rate all other men commit mass shootings. This doesn't disprove there is something perhaps unique about the mind of white shooters, but it doesn't demonstrate that there is something special going on there either.

I think the way you deal with an organized domestic terror cell is different in a lot of ways but severe punishment certainly seems appropriate.

White men are more likely to commit this crime, right now, under our specific social circumstances. Just because some one in other points in time committed mass shootings who were not white males, it does not make them any less likely to do it now. Just like with gangland drive bys that were committed by white men more in the 1930s, in the 1990s the majority of this crime was black on black, mostly for socioeconomic reasons.

There are also sociological reasons why white men are most likely to commit this crime now.

[hostile comment removed]
    Last edited by highlander; 11-03-2013 at 06:54 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

There is something fucked up in the middle class white men community right now.
    Yeah, and it's from constantly being blamed for everything.

Slavery, racism, sexism, war, economic disparity, religious extremism, the healthcare system, pollution, AIDS, the low panda population...
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    Yeah, and it's from constantly being blamed for everything.

Slavery, racism, sexism, war, economic disparity, religious extremism, the healthcare system, pollution, AIDS, the low panda population...
    With power comes responsibility. Up until about forty five years ago, white men put women and people of color beneath them and had strong pretensions to running the world. So of course with all that power comes responsibility.

However, white people did not invent slavery or racism, etc. In the grand scheme of things. But that's going back hundreds of years, and current issues are current.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

However, white people did not invent slavery or racism, etc. In the grand scheme of things. But that's going back hundreds of years, and current issues are current.
    And white men being blamed for everything is a current issue.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well historically women were blamed for all of the world's ills (see: the Bible) and then during the twentieth century apparently black people were to blame for all crime, so what a refreshing turn of events for white men to finally take the blame for things they have done!

Meanwhile, 70 percent of mass public shooters really are white. Now please stay on topic @tkae.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Hey I only did it once.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Cracked.com had a theory in one of their videos that the movies of the eighties, including everything Arnie and Stallone did were about white male anxieties.

Is it possible that white supremacy at an unconscious level could be motivating these spree killings?

^ listen to me, I dont even know if I'm trolling or not anymore

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

I'm sorry, I may have missed it. What is the solution to the public shooting problem?
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.