4w5 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I really don't care who shot who. I think that we should spend more time on establishing preventive measures rather than debating who to punish and how to do so, or freaking out about small incidents that happen everywhere, which with a universal system of help could easily be averted, at least more often and with greater effect.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Your argument is insane. And racist. And misandrist.
    Your penchant for denying reality is remarkable. I never said all white men were terrorists. There is nothing insane about what I have said. There are a bunch of young white men in my country killing and terrorizing innocent people in public places so they can be on the news. And the simplistic second amendment argument just ain't cutting it after the mass stabbing in Texas.

I think gun control is only a part of the issue. It's much more complex than you suggest.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I really don't care who shot who. I think that we should spend more time on establishing preventive measures rather than debating who to punish and how to do so, or freaking out about small incidents that happen everywhere, which with a universal system of help could easily be averted, at least more often and with greater effect.
    If they feared harsher punishment rather than instant death and anti-hero fame....seriously if black men were doing this instead of white men, there would probably be KKK lynchings.

Not that I condone that in any way, but I feel people are extending too much understanding to white terrorists. The objective should be first to get the phenomenon to cease, in order to save lives.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Are you aware that compared to other rich countries (Europe for instance), there is no real middle class left in American anymore?

Or rather, if you used the same standard than in France or in Germany, what you call your "middle class" would represent barely 15-25% of the population. The rich would represent 1-2%... and the rest are the poor, divided in middle poor, extra poor and extra extra poor (underclass).

Frankly, this argument lacks perspective, and is full of prejudice. Yes, I know your society of full of prejudice, I know, and it's difficult to realize how pervasive those racial stereotypes are and how deeply they imbue your society... But I humbly think it would be better not to indefinitely repeat the same mistakes everywhere, even without realizing it.

Too many Americans have a unfortunate tendency to essentialise everything.
    Lol...the way you are attempting to essentialize it down to the second amendment alone, because you feel more righteous and French about doing that?

You have not contributed anything insightful to this thread.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Some of them would love that.

Consider the asshole who shot up the cinema, he thought he was being jokertastic and wanted the coverage and label of mad bomber terrorist.

I dont think there's enough respect for life and liberty/freedom anymore, if there were then people wouldnt behave in a manner likely to spell the end of both.
    On some level they all want fame. They don't organize sensible revolution, but act alone. They don't just kill family and themselves, they would just be another statistic that way, so they do it dramatically in public and take other people with them, knowing that they will be famous.

One of the wisest things I have heard is an old man declare "they need to stop sensationalizing this shit on the news."

Obviously they are guided in an insane way by cultural norms for fame and individuality, so labeling and treating them as terrorists would take the social imaginary glory out of it, and turn it into cultural shame and embarrassment. Do you follow what I mean?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

While the label of terrorist would not be inaccurate, and for some reason is not usually applied, I think if the media called them terrorists, it wouldn't really stop them.

Islamic terrorists being called terrorists doesn't seem to stop them from being terrorists.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    That's why I said most. I actually wasn't aware that the naval yard shooter was black, but I was recalling the DC sniper killings about 10 years ago.
    Aye they were a black man too, two black men I think.

I read these sorts of things years ago, not related to spree killings or gun violence though, related to the radical left scene and why none of the sorts of activism which brought the authorities down hard on the movements, ie drugs, guns, violence, were the dreamt up or participated in by the few female members in circulation.

Then again wasnt there some female celebrity who was kidnapped and then actually adopted some of the ideology of the whackos who kidnapped her? I think I remember seeing pictures of her with a gun.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Then again wasnt there some female celebrity who was kidnapped and then actually adopted some of the ideology of the whackos who kidnapped her? I think I remember seeing pictures of her with a gun.
    Patty Hearst. Stockholm Syndrome.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Patty Hearst. Stockholm Syndrome.
    Yes, yes indeed, that is it.