Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Male on female domestic abuse is no more common than the converse. Men are just stronger and leave more obvious marks. They are also far less likely to report domestic abuse.

I've never heard someone try to explain a man's violent behavior being the result of his wife abusing him. I don't expect to hear it in my lifetime.

Should I expect to see you protesting for longer prison sentences for women any time soon?
    Oh. So do you also deny the Halocaust?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Oh. So do you also deny the Halocaust?
    You've got this backwards. I didn't say women haven't been abused. I said they're also abusers. If anyone is denying anything, it's you denying that women also abuse men.

Also, LOL @ comparing any of this to the Holocaust. Did you get that from your women's studies course?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Male on female domestic abuse is no more common than the converse.
    Is this true?
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh no, I had to put you back on ignore. I never denied women can be abusers, but you made the completely groundless statement that women beat men as much as the opposite, and that is statistically false. Extremely false, not just a little bit.

I don't argue with people who live in entirely fabricated realities.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    Is this true?
    According to these American sources, a very shaky yes. http://dvrc-or.org/domestic/violence/resources/C61/
    http://www.americanbar.org/groups/do...tatistics.html

Women tend to use psychological and emotional abuse to control their husbands while men tend to engage more in physical abuse. Also men are more likely to underreport because of social norms.

But to stick to the thread topic, it would be interesting to see statistics on child abuse between male and female perpetrators.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    According to these American sources, a very shaky yes. http://dvrc-or.org/domestic/violence/resources/C61/
    http://www.americanbar.org/groups/do...tatistics.html

Women tend to use psychological and emotional abuse to control their husbands while men tend to engage more in physical abuse. Also men are more likely to underreport because of social norms.

But to stick to the thread topic, it would be interesting to see statistics on child abuse between male and female perpetrators.
    There's also this Harvard study from 2006. This study actually concludes that women engage in domestic violence more often than men. I'm not convinced that's entirely accurate, but I'm comfortable saying it's roughly equal. What it boils down to is this. If you look at reported crime statistics, very few women commit domestic violence because men rarely ever report it and the police sometimes arrest the man when they do. Here is an example of symmetrical violence where only the male is arrested. That goes into the crime statistics as male-on-female domestic violence even though it was symmetrical. Those are the studies feminists love. Studies that conclude domestic violence is symmetrical are based on self-reporting (women admit to abusing a partner even though they were never arrested). Feminists don't like those studies because they give the wrong answer.

It shouldn't surprise people that domestic violence is pretty much symmetrical, but people have been told for decades that domestic violence is all about brutish men beating their helpless wives. If you're told something enough, you eventually start believe it regardless of its truthfulness.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."