User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default Your personal experience with the Obamacare website

What has your personal experience been with the Obamacare website (healthcare.gov) been? Personally, I think that the site sucks ass. I could never log on, and then when I was finally able to log on, I was able to make a profile. Afterwards, I was able to finally view all of my healthcare plans side by side in a very comprehensive, and well structured manner. However, every since then I can never get back to that screen EVER! The site is almost impossible to navigate and it never works! When I try to get help on the phone, the people also never know what's going on either! I've even tried to get help online as well on the live windows messenger, and that doesn't work either! Also keep in mind that I'm an Infomation Science major in college, so I'm no rookie when it comes to computers. So far I have basically given up until they can fix the site. That is, IF they fix the site. What has your experience with this site been?

It took me over two weeks to get my registration done. Constant glitches and bizarre errors.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Personally, I think that the site sucks ass.
    That's the massively overwhelming consensus at this point. I heard about the problems from the beginning (and the warnings before that), and have refused to subject myself to that torture for the foreseeable future-even in the unlikely event that I don't qualify for exemption, I'd rather just pay the fine.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    That's the massively overwhelming consensus at this point. I heard about the problems from the beginning (and the warnings before that), and have refused to subject myself to that torture for the foreseeable future-even in the unlikely event that I don't qualify for exemption, I'd rather just pay the fine.
    Well I looked up an online calculator for the Obama care to see about how much it would cost me, and it appears as if I could get a gold plan for less than $100 per month with the subsidy, so that's very reassuring because I have a lot of medical problems. I just wish they would hurry up and fix the damn site already.

MBTI
    INTP

Well I looked up an online calculator for the Obama care to see about how much it would cost me, and it appears as if I could get a gold plan for less than $100 per month with the subsidy, so that's very reassuring because I have a lot of medical problems. I just wish they would hurry up and fix the damn site already.
    If medical expenses are going to be an immediate issue at the start of next year, I would recommend skipping the site and to start researching options and enrolling through alternative means. From what I've read, they are unlikely to have the system reasonably operable by Dec. 15 (they may even have to start the site over from scratch), and you don't want to wait until the last minute to start what was supposed to be a slower and more cumbersome enrollment process.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

If medical expenses are going to be an immediate issue at the start of next year, I would recommend skipping the site and to start researching options and enrolling through alternative means. From what I've read, they are unlikely to have the system reasonably operable by Dec. 15 (they may even have to start the site over from scratch), and you don't want to wait until the last minute to start what was supposed to be a slower and more cumbersome enrollment process.
    I don't think that I can afford regular insurance though.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think that I can afford regular insurance though.
    I was talking about Obamacare; I believe you can enroll through the mail and comparison shop by going to the sites of various insurance companies-I would highly recommend exploring that avenue right now, the information for doing so is probably available online somewhere (outside of the Obamacare site, I mean). Maybe even elsewhere on the Health and Human Services website? You could also try the leftwing blogosphere or advocacy sites for tips on getting started.

Edit: Be careful of bogus sites while doing so, that's apparently already a problem.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I was talking about Obamacare; I believe you can enroll through the mail and comparison shop by going to the sites of various insurance companies-I would highly recommend exploring that avenue right now, the information for doing so is probably available online somewhere (outside of the Obamacare site, I mean). Maybe even elsewhere on the Health and Human Services website? You could also try the leftwing blogosphere or advocacy sites for tips on getting started.

Edit: Be careful of bogus sites while doing so, that's apparently already a problem.
    It just doesn't make any since to me. For instance, on the Obama Care site, I once saw a comprehensive list of all the healthcare options that were available to me through Obama Care through local companies, and apparently I could get a subsidy through them. However, when I called one of the local companies in my area, they told me that if I bought insurance through their company that I would not be eligible for the Obama Care subsidy. No one can answer any of my questions. So far, Obama Care is a disaster.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'm really glad I am poor enough to qualify for an exemption to paying the fee for being uninsured. That would be some BS. I just created an account to see about getting catastrophic insurance.

RDF

It just doesn't make any since to me. For instance, on the Obama Care site, I once saw a comprehensive list of all the healthcare options that were available to me through Obama Care through local companies, and apparently I could get a subsidy through them. However, when I called one of the local companies in my area, they told me that if I bought insurance through their company that I would not be eligible for the Obama Care subsidy. No one can answer any of my questions. So far, Obama Care is a disaster.
    Call 1-800-318-2596 to get help from trained “navigators." Or visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov for info on local help.

Check out this site for additional info: https://www.healthcare.gov/how-do-i-...e-marketplace/