User Tag List

First 345

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I think it is safe to say at this point that the ACA website story is extremely overblown and over-covered.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Not below poverty level, if that's what you mean. And I chose the 1 person option for Silver.
    I actually am below the poverty level. By the way how much did the Silver cost?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Ha ha. Now they are saying it's not going to be really fixed until the end of November, and the last day to sign up in December is the 15th. Great job Obama care!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My experience is not with the exchanges because we have insurance through my husband's employer. We do not pay full freight on our insurance and have a pretty decent rate because my husband is a Teamster.

We just entered enrollment for next year. We are going with the priciest option offered by my husband's company, which is what we had last year. Our rates went up about ten bucks a month (for us, not sure how much the employer's share went up). That puts us at about $350 a month. Our deductible went up a couple hundred dollars per person. Our out of pocket maximum went up by a couple thousand, I think. The out of pocket max is $5K/year. We will be putting as much as the law allows in our medical savings: $2500.

The biggest change is that if I worked someplace that offered health insurance, we would be charged an extra $500/month to have me on his policy. I don't work right now except for a house cleaning job that pays $100/month and now I'm definitely not going to get a job anytime soon. However, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't end up on the exchanges within the next few years anyway. I would imagine we'd get a subsidy for me since we are nowhere close to being at 400% of the federal poverty line for our family size.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...appy-about-it/

“There is no question there is still an extraordinary amount of misinformation,” she reportedly said. “If 55 percent of the people understand a little more about how it affects them and their families, that means that 45 percent of the people still don’t have any idea, and may have believed that there is anything from death panels for Medicare constituents or something will happen to their health benefits or any number of things that continue to be said over and over again,” whined Sebelius.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This piece summarizes the situation pretty accurately.

In an in-depth investigation into the implementation of the president's health care law, the paper's reporters describe the creation of a jalopy built by a deeply flawed system. The problems piled up over years, flowing from both Republican obstructionism and the hyper political sensitivity of the Obama administration. This mix led to decisions based on politics instead of efficiency, which created the complexity and delay that contributed to the problems the president is scrambling to fix today.
    The bold part is pretty much my impression of the political situation for the past 5 or so years.
    Go to sleep, iguana.