User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm really glad I am poor enough to qualify for an exemption to paying the fee for being uninsured. That would be some BS. I just created an account to see about getting catastrophic insurance.
    Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Call 1-800-318-2596 to get help from trained “navigators." Or visit LocalHelp.HealthCare.gov for info on local help.

Check out this sight for additional info: https://www.healthcare.gov/how-do-i-...e-marketplace/
    I already called that damn number 3 times. The last time I called, I was on the phone for 2 hours and they couldn't even find my account. They told me to make a new one, and then the system told me that I already had an account in the system and couldn't make another. I then tried to call a navigator that they sent me to, and they told me that they could do nothing for me until the site was basically fixed. So I'm basically going to have to wait until the site is officially fixed. PROGNOSIS: OBAMA CARE SUCKS ASS SO FAR!

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I already called that damn number 3 times. The last time I called, I was on the phone for 2 hours and they couldn't even find my account. They told me to make a new one, and then the system told me that I already had an account in the system and couldn't make another. I then tried to call a navigator that they sent me to, and they told me that they could do nothing for me until the site was basically fixed. So I'm basically going to have to wait until the site is officially fixed. PROGNOSIS: OBAMA CARE SUCKS ASS SO FAR!
    Fair enough. Those other avenues are supposed to exist for people without computers. But if the main site isn't working, then I suppose the navigators and other helpers are in the same boat as everyone else, IOW, unable to do their jobs until the main site is fixed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Fair enough. Those other avenues are supposed to exist for people without computers. But if the main site isn't working, then I suppose the navigators and other helpers are in the same boat as everyone else, IOW, unable to do their jobs until the main site is fixed.
    I saw that a local company in my area, "Florida Blue" offers insurance on the Obamacare site. Can I just call them directly and see if I can get it through them directly, and still get the subsidy?

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I saw that a local company in my area, "Florida Blue" offers insurance on the Obamacare site. Can I just call them directly and see if I can get it through them directly, and still get the subsidy?
    I don’t know. I just posted the info for the local help website and the phone helpline because you indicated to lowtech redneck that you didn't know about alternate ways of signing up. But I haven’t used the ObamaCare system myself, so I can’t help you beyond that.

FWIW, I sympathize with your frustration. Obviously, the problem isn't with you or your local providers. The problems with the overall system are substantial, and it’s turning into something of a national scandal. See this commentary from the Wall Street Journal for a description: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...43343379804228

Hopefully they'll get it straightened out at some point. It's just an enrollment website, after all.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I don’t know. I just posted the info for the local help website and the phone helpline because you indicated to lowtech redneck that you didn't know about alternate ways of signing up. But I haven’t used the ObamaCare system myself, so I can’t help you beyond that.

FWIW, I sympathize with your frustration. Obviously, the problem isn't with you or your local providers. The problems with the overall system are substantial, and it’s turning into something of a national scandal. See this commentary from the Wall Street Journal for a description: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...43343379804228

Hopefully they'll get it straightened out at some point. It's just an enrollment website, after all.
    Thanks for that article, it was pretty good.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I was about to say "well, it's worked fine for me so far," and then I ran into my first error. I logged in and got a blank page, like it stopped working. And Mercury isn't even retrograde yet. It will be tomorrow. Prepare yourselves.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I was about to say "well, it's worked fine for me so far," and then I ran into my first error. I logged in and got a blank page, like it stopped working. And Mercury isn't even retrograde yet. It will be tomorrow. Prepare yourselves.
    Yeah I was able to make a full profile and get a comprehensive list of healthcare options, but now the system won't let me back in. When I first log in it says, "Resume Application" and then it fades to another screen. I have tried everything in my power to get back to that screen and can't. It's not the pop-up blocker either, because my pop-up blocker will let me know when it is blocking pop-ups. The site just sucks plain and simple. If things don't improve soon, I'm just gonna say, "Fuck it" and buy a short term insurance plan from a local company until Obama Care REALLY STARTS.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    That's the massively overwhelming consensus at this point. I heard about the problems from the beginning (and the warnings before that), and have refused to subject myself to that torture for the foreseeable future-even in the unlikely event that I don't qualify for exemption, I'd rather just pay the fine.
    There's no fine. Obamacare is a godsend, but not for reasons intended.

Before 2014 just tweak your taxes at work so that you pay less in from your paycheck. Instead of getting a return, the money will just go into your wallet, though unless you tweak it just right (if it's even possible), you might have to pay in come tax time-- so I'd recommend setting a small percent of your money aside just for that (you'd be paying it in anyway). The obamacare mandate can only be collected from a tax return. If you have no return, you have no mandate obligation.

Cancel all health insurance immediately. Buy only if you get sick (no denial allowed now, thanks to the no pre existing conditions thing-- though there might be a wait time), cancel when you get better.

Check it out for yourself. The thought of signing up for obamacare makes my anti bureaucratic brain roll.

Regarding the website, this made me laugh so hard.

Took me three weeks to register due to countless site errors, but none of the plans were available to browse. I have since attempted to return to my account for three days and the site is telling me I am not registered.

%&*$

No clue what to do at this point. The rhetoric from the big wigs does not inspire hope of a fix soon.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Took me three weeks to register due to countless site errors, but none of the plans were available to browse. I have since attempted to return to my account for three days and the site is telling me I am not registered.

%&*$

No clue what to do at this point. The rhetoric from the big wigs does not inspire hope of a fix soon.
    This is exactly what it did to me.