User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 87

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default Should Obama Be Impeached?

    Is Barack Obama the United State's first dictator?

    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #2
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Except the American people have a for-sure end in sight. We're apathetic about most things, as the world tends to be in general, and this is his second term with a set end date. Even if there were enough people upset about the president to impeach him (and there isn't), the fact that he'll get out of office never to return again on his own accord means nothing will happen in this regard.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  3. #3
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Is Barack Obama the United State's first dictator?

    No, definitely not, should the Tea Party take a hike? Yes, absolutely.

  4. #4
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    If you want to be serious about this topic, start posting vids from someone besides Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann. Seriously. She's an extremist. Find some moderates to make a case for it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If you want to be serious about this topic, start posting vids from someone besides Michelle "Crazy Eyes" Bachmann. Seriously. She's an extremist. Find some moderates to make a case for it.
    She's an extremist. Ok. Is she wrong because she's an extremist?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #6
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    She's an extremist. Ok. Is she wrong because she's an extremist?
    No, she's wrong because she's wrong.

    Obama is a democrat with a mandate, that's not dictatorship, dictatorship is when despite having a popular democrat mandate its made impossible to get work done.

  7. #7
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Michelle Bachman is mentally ill imo. I seriously mean that, and am not just being snarky. I'm not sure why our political and corporate systems select for people with attachment disorders like narcissism, sociopathy, and BPD, but they do. The unrealistic grandiosity, the lack of remorse for causing harm, the inability to learn from mistakes, the hypersensitiveness to personal slights combined with oblivious regard for tremendous harm to others, the inflation of self, the distorted perceptions of reality, etc. Perhaps psychological testing should be a requirement to run for office. If a person is not sane enough to be an astronaut, they shouldn't be elected to office, so we could just use their testing system. :oP I'm not quite as serious about the last part, but do entertain the thought.

    I wish U.S. political ballots included a "none of the above" option that could actually win.

    The Republican party has become maverick extremists who have dictatorship mentality.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  8. #8
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    She's an extremist. Ok. Is she wrong because she's an extremist?
    If you want to be taken seriously, don't pick someone who has serious issues as witnessed over the last 5-6 years in very public situations as your spokesperson. This isn't rocket science. Find someone more credible.

    Last week:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...gods-end-times

    Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) over the weekend accused President Obama of arming al Qaeda militants in Syria and said it was evidence “we’re in God’s end times.”



    “This happened and as of today the United States is willingly, knowingly, intentionally sending arms to terrorists,” Bachmann said in a radio interview with Understanding the Times that was first reported by Right Wing Watch. “Now what this says to me, I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as I look at the End Times scripture, this says to me that the leaf is on the fig tree and we are to understand the signs of the times, which is your ministry, we are to understand where we are in God’s end times history.”

    “Rather than seeing this as a negative, we need to rejoice,” she continued. “Maranatha, come Lord Jesus, his day is at hand. When we see up is down and right is called wrong, when this is happening, we were told this; these days would be as the days of Noah.”

    Bachmann said Obama waived restrictions under the Arms Export Control Act, with the result that taxpayers are “now paying to give arms to terrorists, including al Qaeda.”...

    (etc)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #9
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Michelle Bachman is mentally ill imo. I seriously mean that, and am not just being snarky. I'm not sure why our political and corporate systems select for people with attachment disorders like narcissism, sociopathy, and BPD, but they do. The unrealistic grandiosity, the lack of remorse for causing harm, the inability to learn from mistakes, the hypersensitiveness to personal slights combined with oblivious regard for tremendous harm to others, the inflation of self, the distorted perceptions of reality, etc. Perhaps psychological testing should be a requirement to run for office. If a person is not sane enough to be an astronaut, they shouldn't be elected to office, so we could just use their testing system. :oP I'm not quite as serious about the last part, but do entertain the thought.

    I wish U.S. political ballots included a "none of the above" option that could actually win.

    The Republican party has become maverick extremists who have dictatorship mentality.
    Interesting what you say there, it certainly would seem that the social character of which you speak is an ill and broken one. It persists for some reason though.

  10. #10
    Society
    Guest

    Default

    i am both frustrated and awed by the continues improvement in diversionary rhetoric - it's reaching the point you can turn almost anything into a wedge issue... probably even underwear regulation. btw - i am talking about both sides btw - in fact in am pretty sure i've seen the exact same framing of a dangerous uprising tyrant during the bush years... and this is not unique of america either (politicians here are learning).

    what i am not sure is whether it's worthwhile... this kind of tactics does a good job at making sure your side sticks around (by vilifying disagreement), but doesn't it serve to alienate anyone from changing their grounds to your side as well?

    let's say ideologue-A believes in ideology A, which is composed of stances regarding issues 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - he is pretty sure about issues 1, 2 & 3, but is iffy about 5 and doesn't really care about issue 5. in a normal situation, he could discuss things with ideologue-B who particularly cares about issue 5 and ideologue-B might convince ideologue-A that issue 5 is important... you have a certain chance of enriching the point of view of another to consider your favored ideology. but in politics it seems there is no level headed discussion about issue 5 but because issues 1 & 2 make you into a lazy communist / stupid fascist...

    so isn't there an advantage for the loosing team to open up the discussion further so that it and try to gain votes for the next round around?

Similar Threads

  1. Entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity
    By ygolo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM
  2. What should everyone be doing right now?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 02:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO