First 6789 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm sure anyone else who reads this will see your attempt to frame the discussion and see it for what it is.

Your reason runs out very quickly and all you're left doing is emoting and spinning.
    I'll repeat, "There was more unity in the right-wing spectrum, but what cultural shift to the right? I heard a lot of noise from the right, that's about it."

The US has drifted inexorably to the Left. What cultural shift to the right could you possibly be talking about? Even the right-wingers are drifting to the Left.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

No, no, I think the right wing in the US has been trying to change the country into something resembling modern day Israel for a long time, much longer than Israel has been in existence.
    Add Iran and Chile under Pinochet and it will be a good description of their vision. It's great that we have a lot of Republicans talking about the virtues of non-interventionism now, but this seems to be something people only talk about when their party is out of power.

Maybe that's harsh but I'm in a foul mood after listening to someone go on and on for a whole trolley ride about how books are useless cause the only book you need is the Bible. I'm not even making shit up. This is pretty much what the guy said. Logic or facts were completely absent. He said that the Bible said that the earth was round thousands of years before Galileo did.... where to start... first of all, Galileo had nothing to do with this discovery. Columbus had nothing to do with this discovery. Actually, Greeks figured it out before the New Testament was even written. If there's a passage in the Old Testament that says this, I'd love to know what it is that suggests that they knew the Earth was spherical. Of course, if someone didn't look for knowledge anywhere than the Bible because that's "worldly" or "sinful" they might know that about the Greeks and the shape of the Earth.

Now I get why so many INTs go all Dawkins. If they had family members with that attitude, I probably would too.

And "9/11 changed everything" is pretty much the response I get whenever someone brings up Bush's defecit spending.

There. Now I've said something comfortably partisan. Everyone can relax.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Add Iran and Chile under Pinochet and it will be a good description of their vision. It's great that we have a lot of Republicans talking about the virtues of non-interventionism now, but this seems to be something people only talk about when their party is out of power.

Maybe that's harsh but I'm in a foul mood after listening to someone go on and on for a whole trolley ride about how books are useless cause the only book you need is the Bible. I'm not even making shit up. This is pretty much what the guy said. Logic or facts were completely absent. He said that the Bible said that the earth was round thousands of years before Galileo did.... where to start... first of all, Galileo had nothing to do with this discovery. Columbus had nothing to do with this discovery. Actually, Greeks figured it out before the New Testament was even written. If there's a passage in the Old Testament that says this, I'd love to know what it is that suggests that they knew the Earth was spherical. Of course, if someone didn't look for knowledge anywhere than the Bible because that's "worldly" or "sinful" they might know that.

Now I get why so many INTs go all Dawkins. If they had family members with that attitude, I probably would too.

And "9/11 changed everything" is pretty much the response I get whenever someone brings up Bush's defecit spending.

Logic is not partisan. There, I said it. If I point out that someone is not being logical, and they accuse me of not communicating right, that's just tough shit.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Logic is not partisan. There, I said it.
    Actually, I agree.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Actually, I agree.
    TRANSLATOR:

"You agree."

Did that hurt? It seems to hurt someone else.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

See? I won. And I did it using logic and facts.

WHEEEE!

Maybe that's harsh but I'm in a foul mood after listening to someone go on and on for a whole trolley ride about how books are useless cause the only book you need is the Bible. I'm not even making shit up. This is pretty much what the guy said. Logic or facts were completely absent. He said that the Bible said that the earth was round thousands of years before Galileo did.... where to start... first of all, Galileo had nothing to do with this discovery. Columbus had nothing to do with this discovery. Actually, Greeks figured it out before the New Testament was even written. If there's a passage in the Old Testament that says this, I'd love to know what it is that suggests that they knew the Earth was spherical. Of course, if someone didn't look for knowledge anywhere than the Bible because that's "worldly" or "sinful" they might know that about the Greeks and the shape of the Earth.

Good examples, Iran and Chile, and thanks for seeing what was meant by the post in the first place, I think 9/11 was exploited as a foundation myth for a new securocrat state by many within the Bush co. ranks.

Intelligence and spy games are a bottomless pit which could comfortably replace the cold war's military-industrial complex but cost as much, circulate money in the economy in the same fashion and provide the "seems legit" competition with the health-complex favoured by democrats.

I dont think what you said was harsh at all, I can see how you're annoyed with the bible bashing moron but Dawkins is a horrible mirror image, the same thing proceeding from a different place on the map but the exact same vehicle for the exact same personality. Its clear when you see his interview with George Coyne SJ, Dawkins keeps trying to bring it back to the loony evangelical terrain he's actually comfortable with but Coyne just, rightly, says yeah, that's bogus and moves on.

There's no point providing the "no nothings" with the oxygene of attention, small minds, small thoughts, you know?

BTW what you said about their view of the bible I consider idolatrous and fundamentally mistaken, Jesus wouldnt have recognised that, neither would any of those before him or since who belong to the tradition he was part of.

See? I won. And I did it using logic and facts.

WHEEEE!
    Did you read the thread Fidelia posted about how when you've experienced growth your future self can be embarrassed by what you've written?

Like I thought her thread was clear enough but its always good, you know, to have someone illustrate the point.

Logic is not partisan. There, I said it. If I point out that someone is not being logical, and they accuse me of not communicating right, that's just tough shit.
    Its not partisan but you're not logical. No one fails a logic test simply because they dont agree with you.

Although you're not going to "get" any of this when you're still emotionally charged and so angry you cant really make sense in your posts. Then again, as you said "you win". Good for you.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Good examples, Iran and Chile, and thanks for seeing what was meant by the post in the first place, I think 9/11 was exploited as a foundation myth for a new securocrat state by many within the Bush co. ranks.

Intelligence and spy games are a bottomless pit which could comfortably replace the cold war's military-industrial complex but cost as much, circulate money in the economy in the same fashion and provide the "seems legit" competition with the health-complex favoured by democrats.

I dont think what you said was harsh at all, I can see how you're annoyed with the bible bashing moron but Dawkins is a horrible mirror image, the same thing proceeding from a different place on the map but the exact same vehicle for the exact same personality. Its clear when you see his interview with George Coyne SJ, Dawkins keeps trying to bring it back to the loony evangelical terrain he's actually comfortable with but Coyne just, rightly, says yeah, that's bogus and moves on.

There's no point providing the "no nothings" with the oxygene of attention, small minds, small thoughts, you know?

BTW what you said about their view of the bible I consider idolatrous and fundamentally mistaken, Jesus wouldnt have recognised that, neither would any of those before him or since who belong to the tradition he was part of.
    Right-wing conspiracy mumbo-jumbo.

http://www.salon.com/2013/04/30/how_...think_partner/
    "[C]onspiracism is...not just about belief in an individual theory, but rather an ideological lens through which we view the world."