First 1234 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If you want to be taken seriously, don't pick someone who has serious issues as witnessed over the last 5-6 years in very public situations as your spokesperson. This isn't rocket science. Find someone more credible.
    "Serious" is a relative term. Serious to whom, and for what reason? And why is that person's reasoning superior?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

What is his impeachable offense?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Refusing to capitulate to extremists with a casual attitude toward the integrity of the tripartite government.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Not being a Republican.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i am both frustrated and awed by the continues improvement in diversionary rhetoric - it's reaching the point you can turn almost anything into a wedge issue... probably even underwear regulation. btw - i am talking about both sides btw - in fact in am pretty sure i've seen the exact same framing of a dangerous uprising tyrant during the bush years... and this is not unique of america either (politicians here are learning).

what i am not sure is whether it's worthwhile... this kind of tactics does a good job at making sure your side sticks around (by vilifying disagreement), but doesn't it serve to alienate anyone from changing their grounds to your side as well?

let's say ideologue-A believes in ideology A, which is composed of stances regarding issues 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - he is pretty sure about issues 1, 2 & 3, but is iffy about 5 and doesn't really care about issue 5. in a normal situation, he could discuss things with ideologue-B who particularly cares about issue 5 and ideologue-B might convince ideologue-A that issue 5 is important... you have a certain chance of enriching the point of view of another to consider your favored ideology. but in politics it seems there is no level headed discussion about issue 5 but because issues 1 & 2 make you into a lazy communist / stupid fascist...

so isn't there an advantage for the loosing team to open up the discussion further so that it and try to gain votes for the next round around?
    One would think, but I've stopped expecting this in politics. Pep rallies are way more exciting because they make people feel speshul.

It doesn't matter. We'll get an Australian in the White House next time for sure. And he'll pretend to be folksy and backcountry like Keith Urban, too, so he'll seem like a regular dude! Then, before you know it, didgeridoo instruction will become mandatory.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Refusing to capitulate to extremists with a casual attitude toward the integrity of the tripartite government.
    That is called "marginalizing." This term is defined as "treating (a person, group, or concept) as insignificant or peripheral." It is mainly used as a substitute for rational argument or debate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_exclusion
    Social exclusion (also referred to as marginalisation) is a concept used in many parts of the world to characterise contemporary forms of social disadvantage and relegation to the fringe of society. It is a term used widely in the United Kingdom and Europe, and was first utilized in France.[1] It is used across disciplines including education, sociology, psychology, politics and economics.

Social exclusion refers to processes in which individuals or entire communities of people are systematically blocked from rights, opportunities and resources (e.g. housing, employment, healthcare, civic engagement, democratic participation and due process) that are normally available to members of society and which are key to social integration.[2]

The resulting alienation or disenfranchisement is often connected to a person's social class, educational status, relationships in childhood[3] and living standards. It also applies to some degree to people with a disability, minorities, to members of LGBT community, to the elderly, and to youth. Anyone who deviates in any perceived way from the norm of a population may become subject to coarse or subtle forms of social exclusion.

The outcome of social exclusion is that affected individuals or communities are prevented from participating fully in the economic, social, and political life of the society in which they live. Material deprivation is the most common result of this exclusion. Ensuing poverty, emotional and psychological trauma, and its resulting diseases may result in catastrophic damage to lives, health, and psyche.

Most of the characteristics listed in this article are present together in studies of social exclusion, due to exclusion's multidimensionality.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I can't wait for the FEMA concentration camps to be activated within the next year or so. Obama had better get cracking and get to work... his last term well be halfway over soon! Fuck, they haven't even made homosexuality mandatory yet.

I can't help but feel that with this government shutdown, the Republicans cost themselves the White House next time, unless the Democrats do something stupid like nominate an IXTX type against an EXFX type. It seems to be a surefire path to presidential defeat every time (regardless of party).

I remember back when everyone said Bush was going to be the first U.S. dictator and that he would stay beyond his term limit. At a certain point, it looks like the boy who cried wolf. I wish people who are old enough to know better would be more responsible with these comparisons, but I suppose that's too much to ask for.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

What else does Michele Bachmann think?

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design."

“Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas."

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending."

"I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter."

"Why should I go and do something like that? But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands."

"But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States. ... I think it is high time that we recognize the contribution of our forbearers who worked tirelessly -- men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country."
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by kquirk View Post
    What else does Michele Bachmann think?

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out then under another Democrat president Jimmy Carter. And I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence."

"There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design."

“Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas."

"I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane. He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending."

"I will tell you that I had a mother last night come up to me here in Tampa, Florida, after the debate. She told me that her little daughter took that vaccine, that injection, and she suffered from mental retardation thereafter."

"Why should I go and do something like that? But the Lord says, 'Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands."

"But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States. ... I think it is high time that we recognize the contribution of our forbearers who worked tirelessly -- men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country."
    What does kquirk think?

OMG!

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Visit my Johari: