User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm glad a confirmed INTP leaked this information to the public.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTJ

If only terrorists could be confirmed with equal skill and grace. Tie an INTP to the front of a tank so he could point and squeal "case closed" and that'd be the end of World Terror Inc.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    If only terrorists could be confirmed with equal skill and grace. Tie an INTP to the front of a tank so he could point and squeal "case closed" and that'd be the end of World Terror Inc.
    Easy: just look for the person who tied the INTP to the tank.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ

As a foreign national I cannot be held accountable for what the NSA will or won't tie an INTP to. Meanwhile, the terrorists roam free. I rest my case.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

blah blah blah when did terrorism become an institution anyway?
    Since McCarthyism. Really, McCarthyism and the Vietnam war gave birth to this thing.

It is just re-branded for 9/11 and the 21st century.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

As a foreign national I cannot be held accountable for what the NSA will or won't tie an INTP to. Meanwhile, the terrorists roam free. I rest my case.
    Sounds like willful ignorance to me. You did express desire to be able to identify terrorists. Unless there is something relevant you aren't telling us . . .
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

WALMART

If you've read any cyberpunk novel since 1985 this wasn't much of a revelation. It comes at no surprise the least emotionally affected by this leak was the 18-35 male demographic.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Since McCarthyism. Really, McCarthyism and the Vietnam war gave birth to this thing.

It is just re-branded for 9/11 and the 21st century.
    I'm pretty sure that terrorism predates those things by a hell of a long time.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I think if the government doesn't have anything to be ashamed of, they have no reason to worry.
    Ha! Nice one, nice one indeed.

There's more than a little truth to that. Although is it just a matter of shame? I mean its shameful if they've been snooping on people for not reason, wasteful too but is it harmful to the efforts to keep the public safe from people plotting murder and mayhem?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

The revelations should be helping normal people make a clearer difference between terrorism and terrorist. Wide-ranging surveillance programs using tools like PRISM, Xkeyscore, and a pliable FISA court are looking for terrorism. They might also scoop up a few terrorists along the way too. The revelations to terrorists and the world that the US government has been looking for signs of terrorism and did have some electronic capability in that regard probably blah blah blah when did terrorism become an institution anyway?
    Hmmm, I thought you had a point there but you sort of fucked it up before the end.

If your point was that terrorists always knew they were subject to hunts by the government then yeah, that is self evident, that couldnt be considered "harm"