User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    If she really wanted what's best for Miley, she shouldn't have written such a letter publicly. I think her approach was either fucking retarded or motivated by something else.
    If her goal was to make an impact, then mission accomplished.

Miley can wise the fuck up or not: that's up to her.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Well then I guess I'm going to have to ask you to not quote me.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I think it would be a much cooler world if everyone could just allow the space for people to do things in their way. I realize me saying that is ironic haha but all of this sort of fe ish type disapproval of her method... I'm just saying its her way let that be enough and okay and make room for it in the world.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Also... Wanted to clarify that I hear you z buck that you agreed with much of what she said so what I said just there ^^ was just about the comments about the way she went about it.

And I get that a lot of people would think that and there's validity in that but I just think people should be allowed to go about things in their way... Is all.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I do think it's far better she do what she did instead of not saying anything. It's a lot easier to see 'the better way' sitting here in the peanut gallery. I'm sure I've made many worse decisions myself (about how to approach others about a problem), it's just that I don't do them in front of millions of people.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

For sure yeah completely agree.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I suspect, the fact that she wasn't addressing Miley alone, but rather pointing out broader issues in the entertainment industry, their fans, and popular culture as a whole.
    I suspect the same thing, and I think it's unfortunate that she used Miley as an example of the dark underbelly of the industry under the veil of "helping her."

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    If her goal was to make an impact, then mission accomplished.

Miley can wise the fuck up or not: that's up to her.
    Similarly, one could say if a surgeon's goal were to make "an impact," and he shot a patient in the face with a shotgun, then his mission would be accomplished. That's the problem with vague terms like "make an impact." Yes, it is ultimately Miley's choice what she does with her life, but I don't believe for a second that the way O'Connor went about it (if indeed she wanted to help Miley specifically) was in any way intelligent. It was fucking dumb.

As Coriolis mentioned (and I concur), she was likely pointing out broader issues by using Miley's situation as supporting evidence. I think it was a cruel thing to do to Miley, although I won't speak to the rightness or wrongness of it in the larger context. I'll bet you my bank account that Miley would have been much better served by a private phone call or lunch date with O'Connor, where the latter provided encouraging words and advice in private.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

But you're missing the point that Miley said that sinead was an inspiration for her video and her look. That's taking it personal and public and its a misrepresentation that sinead has every right to publicly take issue with. She had the right to clarify that for anyone who may have misunderstood what she was about based on Miley's comments. So she was speaking out to set that straight and to help Miley in the best way she knew how or the way she would personally respond to.

It wasn't "fucking dumb" in any way.

Plus fuck Miley...spoiled lil rich girl all slumming it and being all white trashy and yuck all over the place. Id be pissed if she tried to attach my name in any way to that.

i have no dogs in this fight. two lines of text = less than two shits. miley will probably end up infested and OD, sinead is a preacher. i find it disgusting that people care more about miley cyrus' feelings than about events pertinent to their own lives. narcissism demands escapism.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    But you're missing the point that Miley said that sinead was an inspiration for her video and her look. That's taking it personal and public and its a misrepresentation that sinead has every right to publicly take issue with. She had the right to clarify that for anyone who may have misunderstood what she was about based on Miley's comments. So she was speaking out to set that straight and to help Miley in the best way she knew how or the way she would personally respond to.

It wasn't "fucking dumb" in any way.

Plus fuck Miley...spoiled lil rich girl all slumming it and being all white trashy and yuck all over the place. Id be pissed if she tried to attach my name in any way to that.
    Am I missing the point, or are you? I don't think what she said was fucking dumb. I said that if she were truly trying to help Miley then it was fucking dumb. The point is that she likely didn't write the letter to help her. As you mention, she might have been publicly taking issue with Miley's comparison, and as Coriolis mentioned, she may have also been speaking to a larger audience. It seems clear to me, however, that she wasn't doing this to help Miley. Rather, it was done in spite of her. Does this make sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]