User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 177

  1. #141
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    #TeamLorde
    #TeamSinead
    #TeamGood
    #TeamArt

  2. #142
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    #TeamHashtag
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #143
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    #TeamHi-Five

  4. #144
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    And the point is, Justin Timberlake DOESN'T do that. Women do it. Why?
    I'd also like to point out the Obvious and Undeniable Answer:

    The Devil had to Trick Eve First in Order to get Adam to Turn Against God.

  5. #145
    #KUWK Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,494

    Default

    I read it as "Sinéad O'Connor's open letter to Miley Cryus"

    I thought her first letter was okay... but the second one that replied to Miley's swipe was rather uncouth. I get her point, but she could have said the same thing in a more dignified way. If she'd have done that, I bet Miley would be more receptive.

    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

  6. #146
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i just think she should've heard the words as they were intended and responded in an equally honest way. even if what she thinks she needs is to make her own mistakes...or if she was offended by the unsolicited advice...say that...say...i'm a young 20 something year old girl who likes to party and i feel good about what i'm doing. this is who i am and i'm doing it for me. etc etc

    i just really can't deal with having to manage other peoples emotions and i would really love if people could just be real with each other.

    i personally don't dig unsolicited advice and rarely dish it out myself but if i were an artist and someone was out there saying i influenced them in some way and i thought they were pretty much the opposite of who i am or the work i'm trying to do...i'd take issue with it and distance myself publicly from it if needed.

    i understand where you guys are coming from but i just think sinead had the right to do it regardless of how it was or should've been taken.

  7. #147
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i just think she should've heard the words as they were intended and responded in an equally honest way. even if what she thinks she needs is to make her own mistakes...or if she was offended by the unsolicited advice...say that...say...i'm a young 20 something year old girl who likes to party and i feel good about what i'm doing. this is who i am and i'm doing it for me. etc etc

    i just really can't deal with having to manage other peoples emotions and i would really love if people could just be real with each other.

    i personally don't dig unsolicited advice and rarely dish it out myself but if i were an artist and someone was out there saying i influenced them in some way and i thought they were pretty much the opposite of who i am or the work i'm trying to do...i'd take issue with it and distance myself publicly from it if needed.

    i understand where you guys are coming from but i just think sinead had the right to do it regardless of how it was or should've been taken.
    Bingo

  8. #148
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I think Sinead takes way too preachy of a tone. I get what she's saying, but it seems it could have been better put. And private. I hate how everything is public with celebrities.
    But that is part of celebrity; you can't become celebrated if you stay private. Miley was inviting or at least leaving herself open to comment from Sinead by referencing Sinead's older performance. At minimum, Sinead is justified in, equally publically, taking exception to the comparison and explaining her reasons for doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'd also like to point out the Obvious and Undeniable Answer:

    The Devil had to Trick Eve First in Order to get Adam to Turn Against God.
    No devil about it. Women were long used to seeking out the Wisdom of the Goddess. Don't fall for historical revisionism, even (especially) in the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
    That philosophy just results in alot of dead messengers.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #149
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Have you watched the performance?
    Yeah I saw it. I thought it was terrible, obviously.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I don't see how your obstinance to stay on the wrong path is reason for a wiser person to not try and get you to see the wrongness of the path you're on, though.

    If my kid is 8 yrs old and starting to drink booze and smoke, I'm going to stop him and do whatever I can to communicate why that is a bad path to go down.

    And if his response is basically Eric Cartman screaming, "I do what I want!", I'd probably slap him and ground him for a month.

    There are bad paths, and to warn someone when they are going down one is not the problem.

    The problem is the ignorant, immature hardhead who doesn't realize they're going down the wrong path.

    Not to mention the ignorant, immature hardhead who is not honest enough with themself to objectively evaluate whether some advice they've received might actually be true.
    Yeah, but Miley isn't Sinead's daughter. That's the point. I mean, my parents and good friends have given me tough love when I've needed it in my life, and I think that's a good thing. But like, a public letter just because you're famous? Get real. Miley Cyrus has a lot of haters and people telling her she's doing wrong. I'm sure she's banking off the negative publicity and probably otherwise delusional about life and reality or whatever. I just don't think that like calling her out in a public way is helpful. That's why I said the thing about if they had like a close friendship, then it would be different. She needs like someone close to her to speak to her privately. I dunno, it just feels wrong to me.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  10. #150
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Yeah I saw it. I thought it was terrible, obviously.
    Well, at least that much is settled. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Yeah, but Miley isn't Sinead's daughter. That's the point. I mean, my parents and good friends have given me tough love when I've needed it in my life, and I think that's a good thing. But like, a public letter just because you're famous? Get real.
    If that's all you think is behind it, then I think you're missing out on what Sinead and others have already said: Sinead didn't write it just because she's some random famous person, but because Miley specifically named her as an inspiration for her current work, in the biggest music magazine in the world. For that, and other reasons (not the least of which is that, in addition to Miley's mention, as someone who spent her youth in the music industry spotlight, Sinead is kind of a reasonable role model for Miley), Sinead has every right to say whatever the hell she wants about Miley's behavior as of late.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Miley Cyrus has a lot of haters and people telling her she's doing wrong. I'm sure she's banking off the negative publicity and probably otherwise delusional about life and reality or whatever. I just don't think that like calling her out in a public way is helpful. That's why I said the thing about if they had like a close friendship, then it would be different. She needs like someone close to her to speak to her privately. I dunno, it just feels wrong to me.
    I think part of the problem is that she doesn't seem to have this.

    Sinead even talked about this in her letter. I don't know if she has anyone who'll do this.

    Sinead even goes on to say that the people who are advising her are probably doing so for their own self-interest ($$$).

    If this is the case, then having someone outside her immediate inner circle trying to blow a hole in that bubble might be just what's needed.

    Miley's father was an attention-seeking piece of shit who had his own "no press is bad press" moments/strategies back in his own day.

    He seems to give the thumbs up so easily to every single thing she does, I wouldn't be surprised if he was helping orchestrate it.

    Hence Sinead saying, "Don't let these people push you to pimp yourself around in order to fatten their wallets."

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] An open letter to all SPs from a hard-core INFP
    By Abstract Thinker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 09-11-2010, 09:42 PM
  2. [NF] am i infj or infp?i'm open minded to any suggestions outside of this too thanks
    By INFtha14 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
  3. A Letter to Yourself
    By Alchemist in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO