User Tag List

First 16242526272836 Last

Results 251 to 260 of 365

  1. #251
    Senior Member OWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

    Why is it so bad?
    It is bad, because it is predicated on theft, and promulgated by force.

  2. #252
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    My premiums as a young, healthy, gainfully employed individual with no dependents are equal to a lease on a BMW.

    Yes Mr. President I would love to subsidize the health care of the old, sick and poor because you are more afraid of the voting blocs they represent.

  3. #253
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Well, then I want to know what is GOOD about Obamacare.
    Our kids can stay on our insurance until they are 26. We aren't paying much more than we did last year. I think our out of pocket cap is $5k, not including copays. Preventative stuff and birth control has no copay.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  4. #254
    Senior Member statuesquechica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Yes Mr. President I would love to subsidize the health care of the old, sick and poor because you are more afraid of the voting blocs they represent.
    This makes no sense...looking from a purely economic standpoint it is more cost effective to subsidize the health care of the most vulnerable rather than rely on ERs to provide this care. It also makes sense from a purely humane perspective.

    I will never forget during the last presidential GOP debates the question asked about the Iraqi veteran who needed health care and the audience members lust for blood in yelling out to let the veteran die...I just don't get Americans who think this way...guess that explains why I identify with Democratic Socialists versus capitalists.

    Obamacare isn't perfect...no health care system is, but looking around the world and how they have approached this issue I would say the US is dead last unless changes are made. I would prefer single payer but because insurance has such powerful lobbyists and congressmen willing to sell their souls for a donation they will remain a large part of the US system. That is why surgical procedures and medications are so outrageously priced in the US compared to other countries.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

    Joni Mitchell

  5. #255
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    This makes no sense...looking from a purely economic standpoint it is more cost effective to subsidize the health care of the most vulnerable rather than rely on ERs to provide this care. It also makes sense from a purely humane perspective.

    I will never forget during the last presidential GOP debates the question asked about the Iraqi veteran who needed health care and the audience members lust for blood in yelling out to let the veteran die...I just don't get Americans who think this way...guess that explains why I identify with Democratic Socialists versus capitalists.

    Obamacare isn't perfect...no health care system is, but looking around the world and how they have approached this issue I would say the US is dead last unless changes are made. I would prefer single payer but because insurance has such powerful lobbyists and congressmen willing to sell their souls for a donation they will remain a large part of the US system. That is why surgical procedures and medications are so outrageously priced in the US compared to other countries.
    I'd be curious to hear what your monthly premium looks like.

  6. #256
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Our kids can stay on our insurance until they are 26. We aren't paying much more than we did last year. I think our out of pocket cap is $5k, not including copays. Preventative stuff and birth control has no copay.
    So what's so good about it?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #257
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    So what's so good about it?
    What is good about one's children being able to go to the doctor when they are sick? Is that a trick question?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  8. #258
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    What is good about one's children being able to go to the doctor when they are sick? Is that a trick question?
    What was stopping them from going before?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #259
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    What was stopping them from going before?
    Nothing yet, but they couldn't be on our insurance for that long before Obamacare. I don't think they could be on it after they were 21 and/or graduated college.

    The unemployment/underemployment rate for 16-24 year olds is still pretty high, so it's not unreasonable to expect being able to stay on their dad's insurance for a few more years will prevent them from spending several years uninsured.

    I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, let alone my own kids.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  10. #260
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Nothing yet, but they couldn't be on our insurance for that long before Obamacare. I don't think they could be on it after they were 21 and/or graduated college.

    The unemployment/underemployment rate for 16-24 year olds is still pretty high, so it's not unreasonable to expect being able to stay on their dad's insurance for a few more years will prevent them from spending several years uninsured.

    I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, let alone my own kids.
    "Nothing" is the correct answer.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. If the inferior function is so bad than what's made of the remaining four functions?
    By Willow Tree in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2016, 07:31 PM
  2. What is so fascinating about gender politics?
    By Ingrid in grids in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-02-2016, 05:58 AM
  3. [ENTJ] ENTJ Ladies . . . what do you see is good/bad about being an ENTJ?
    By Windigo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM
  4. What's so bad about wanting a Union job?
    By miss fortune in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 11:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO