I think a $125.5 million boondoggle deserves a bump.
"Maryland officials are set to replace the state’s online health-insurance exchange with technology from Connecticut’s insurance marketplace, according to two people familiar with the decision, an acknowledgment that a system that has cost at least $125.5 million is broken beyond repair."
I wonder if Maryland officials are going to blame Oracle like the Oregon officials.
Remember that 7.1 million figure that the Administration tossed out on the last day of March? That's a lie as well.
Here's what the Rand Corporation discovered:
1. "Only 3.9 million actually enrolled in insurance plans through state or federal exchanges – not 7.1 million as claimed by Obama."
2. Of the 3.9 million, "43 percent already had Express Scripts coverage in 2013 – and at least some of the other 57 percent may have had coverage under another prescription-medication management service. If the total number of actual exchange enrollees is 3.9 million, the final number of previously uninsured exchange consumers may be only as high as 2.23 million."
3. 6 million enrolled in Medicaid.
4. 8.2 million enrolled in an employer provided plan. (7.1 million changed from the "other" category to the employer provided category)
Well, then I want to know what is GOOD about Obamacare.
The delusion that Obamacare is a good idea is maintained by one giant circle jerk. If you are a "journalist", a college professor, or a bureaucrat, then these truly are the best of times for you. From my observations, it appears that these three classes derive much of the meaning and joy in their lives by praising one another and having their irrational beliefs reinforced by similarly deluded folks. In short, Obamacare is good for these guys because they're getting thrills running up and down their legs due to all the camaraderie and head-patting from others in the circle jerk.