Ask yourself how hiring 12,000 IRS agents, creating 150 new bureaucracies, and adding 20,000 pages of new regulations will improve healthcare. How would giving a boat-load of money to the government bring the cost of healthcare? Wouldn't the money be better spent if it went directly to the hospital or the doctors instead of the pockets of government bureaucrats?
To bring down cost, first identify the main drivers of rising cost, which are:
1. Expensive new medical devices (Does Obamacare bring down cost of new equipment? No, the medical device tax actually increases cost.)
2. Illegal immigrants using emergency room services. (Does Obamacare address this situation? No)
3. Defensive medicine practices due to frivolous lawsuits (Does Obamacare address this situation? No)
4. Not enough doctors because of a monopoly held by the AMA's licensing boards (Does Obamacare address this situation? No)
5. People using insurance benefits to get "free" stuff like birth control. (Does Obamacare address this? No, it exacerbates the situation.)
And that is why Obamacare is a stupid idea.