User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    These types of subjective lines tend to be articulated very strongly when they are made relevant, which you can hardly blame Republicans of not doing. In any event, the scale of the Obamacare legislation is far more than any other legislation passed along partisan lines in decades, so far as I am aware.
    I dont think its partisan but even if it were they have an electoral mandate. #Democracy.

What do you want a country like North Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont think its partisan but even if it were they have an electoral mandate. #Democracy.

What do you want a country like North Korea?
    Yeah, we have this thing called separation of powers to avoid mob rule. #democracyincheck

US Constitution ARTICLE I, SECTION 9, CLAUSE 7
    No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Yeah, we have this thing called separation of powers to avoid mob rule. #democracyincheck
    Oh right you guys are only playing at democracy then. Well, they do say that capitalism defeated communism in Russia and defeated democracy in America, so maybe they're right.

Oh right you guys are only playing at democracy then. Well, they do say that capitalism defeated communism in Russia and defeated democracy in America, so maybe they're right.
    Crony capitalism has harmed democracy in America, but that has nothing to do with this. As stated elsewhere (by seymore I think) this is a very populist movement so I don't know what you're on about.

You don't think the fat cats aren't salivating at the opportunities to exploit this confusing and behemoth act?

A British multinational being paid $1.2 billion to implement Obamacare’s federal insurance exchanges is under investigation after allegedly overcharging the British government by tens of millions of dollars.

Reuters reports that Britain’s Serious Fraud Office is now looking into Serco, a massive service and security firm employing 120,000 worldwide, after the company reportedly overbilled its government client as much as $80 million for criminal electronic monitoring devices.
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/30/co...serious-fraud/

Realize, too, that the ruling class, congress and the whitehouse, have exempted themselves from the bill.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Realize, too, that the ruling class, congress and the whitehouse, have exempted themselves from the bill.
    That's not exactly true.
    "In Heaven, everything is fine." - The Lady in the Radiator

Quote Originally Posted by taylord View Post
    That's not exactly true.
    Congress and their staffers can use employer contribution towards their insurance purchase on the exchange when other Americans can't do that.

Crony capitalism has harmed democracy in America, but that has nothing to do with this. As stated elsewhere (by seymore I think) this is a very populist movement so I don't know what you're on about.

You don't think the fat cats aren't salivating at the opportunities to exploit this confusing and behemoth act?

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/30/co...serious-fraud/

I really dont see this as about an attempt to correct the short comings of Obamacare at all, Magic has written about the short comings of the legislation from a left liberal perspective before and I felt that was fair enough, its been twenty years since this happened before but it did happen in similar enough circumstances.

The radicals within the republican party are happy to cause and string out crisis as best they can to prevent liberals legislating, its totally the opposite of democracy, in fact its like lenin's "democratic" centralism or Chinese "democracy", it is political action which works in the same fashion for the same purpose, preserving a regime unchanged regardless of popular sovereignty.

Perhaps the entire world is converging on a sort of model of which achieves this goal and the only political question remaining is which will be the most successful for their respective clients, who are not the voting public, its not democracy though. Its really not. Whether you call them the tea party or the politbureau it amounts to the same thing.

I really dont see this as about an attempt to correct the short comings of Obamacare at all, Magic has written about the short comings of the legislation from a left liberal perspective before and I felt that was fair enough, its been twenty years since this happened before but it did happen in similar enough circumstances.

The radicals within the republican party are happy to cause and string out crisis as best they can to prevent liberals legislating, its totally the opposite of democracy, in fact its like lenin's "democratic" centralism or Chinese "democracy", it is political action which works in the same fashion for the same purpose, preserving a regime unchanged regardless of popular sovereignty.

Perhaps the entire world is converging on a sort of model of which achieves this goal and the only political question remaining is which will be the most successful for their respective clients, who are not the voting public, its not democracy though. Its really not. Whether you call them the tea party or the politbureau it amounts to the same thing.
    We had popular sovereignty without liberal meddling at the federal level. [Conservative] Republicans in congress weren't stopping Romneycare from going into effect in Massachusetts. The liberals aren't content with the legislation in their blue states. They want to control everyone.

This isn't NI. This is a big freaking country with a lot of different people.

We had popular sovereignty without liberal meddling at the federal level. [Conservative] Republicans in congress weren't stopping Romneycare from going into effect in Massachusetts. The liberals aren't content with the legislation in their blue states. They want to control everyone.

This isn't NI. This is a big freaking country with a lot of different people.
    Not from here so dont comment?

Surprised at you Beorn wouldve expected that one from a different calibre of poster.

Not from here so dont comment?

Surprised at you Beorn wouldve expected that one from a different calibre of poster.
    Lol. At least you didn't call me a jingoist this time.

I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that you're majoritarianism favors the majority of the larger whole without regard for regional majorities.