User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    You know, I am in a rather argumentative mood today. Go ahead and indulge me with the criteria for what is/isn't sad in the realm of online participation.
    I don't think there is much to argue. My attitude in making this thread was more reflective than argumentative, the point being that people may increasingly live virtual lives rather than real ones. To the point of paying money for a virtual character to have sex with a hooker or wear flash clothes.

IDK it seems fucked up to me. Not to you? If not then I don't know if there is anything I could say to you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    IDK it seems fucked up to me. Not to you? If not then I don't know if there is anything I could say to you.
    I just have so little care for the route others take in their journey to achieve gratification that even dedicating the time to formulate my own subjective opinion on it just seems like colossal waste of time, because in the end, my opinion doesn't matter because it's all just arbitrary bullshit anyway (everything from wasting your money playing games, going out and drinking, movies, ect) so my philosophy is just to pick your poison and carry on. In the end, it's all a time/money sink, so what does it matter.

As far as virtual lives go, I think the nature of society is gravitating that way whether you (in the proverbial sense) like it or not, and I'm not really one to resist change for the sake of preserving and maintain my own sense of homeostasis, especially when I can see a benefit to it (in terms of efficiency or convenience, really). I just see this as another battle for those that aren't impressed with the direction the technological age is taking, and see this new influence as intrusive or upsetting because they're changing and challenging the traditional (and more accepted) way of doing things.

MBTI
    xxTP

I just have so little care for the route others take in their journey to achieve gratification that even dedicating the time to formulate my own subjective opinion on it just seems like colossal waste of time, because in the end, my opinion doesn't matter because it's all just arbitrary bullshit anyway (everything from wasting your money playing games, going out and drinking, movies, ect) so my philosophy is just to pick your poison and carry on. In the end, it's all a time/money sink, so what does it matter.

As far as virtual lives go, I think the nature of society is gravitating that way whether you (in the proverbial sense) like it or not, and I'm not really one to resist change for the sake of preserving and maintain my own sense of homeostasis, especially when I can see a benefit to it (in terms of efficiency or convenience, really). I just see this as another battle for those that aren't impressed with the direction the technological age is taking, and see this new influence as intrusive or upsetting because they're changing and challenging the traditional (and more accepted) way of doing things.
    Fair enough.

I am not trying to ban it, but I think someone who is so bored with their reality that they pay money for a virtual watch or hooker should take a long hard look at their life.

Guess we aren't going to agree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it is completely odd stripped of context but well...people pay for amusement all of the time.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    it is completely odd stripped of context but well...people pay for amusement all of the time.
    A fool and his money are easily parted. I prefer my money for nothing and chicks for free like Dire Straits.

I don't think there is much to argue. My attitude in making this thread was more reflective than argumentative, the point being that people may increasingly live virtual lives rather than real ones. To the point of paying money for a virtual character ...
    By virtue of buying a video game in the first place you are paying "real money" for a virtual character.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

A fool and his money are easily parted. I prefer my money for nothing and chicks for free like Dire Straits.
    Alright, you've officially revealed yourself as a CapLawyer sock.

Open and shut case, Johnson.

MBTI
    xxTP

Alright, you've officially revealed yourself as a CapLawyer sock.

Open and shut case, Johnson.
    A poor 'intp'* attempt to be funny.

You can check my IP address. Plus I have been posting here since October 2012 and have posted many pictures of myself. Some people on this forum have me on facebook and have emailed with me.

*Scare quotes because this is not a predefined biological or genetic condition, but in many cases a self-chosen loser identity of least resistance.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

A poor 'intp'* attempt to be funny.

You can check my IP address. Plus I have been posting here since October 2012 and have posted many pictures of myself. Some people on this forum have me on facebook and have emailed with me.

*Scare quotes because this is not a predefined biological or genetic condition, but in many cases a self-chosen loser identity of least resistance.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

And there's no way to run over the hooker to get your money back?