User Tag List

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default UK parents groups tired of sex offenders

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-22244811

I can understand why groups like this are in existence, people are tired of just how many excuses people make and how casually they treat the whole explosion in predatory behaviour online, however, they have been condemned because they can interfer with police investigations or cause suicide among those whose activities they are exposing. What do you think?

MBTI
    INTP

Sounds like Perverted Justice (the group that was involved with the "to catch a predator" show); I don't know what the effect on police investigations is, but I will say that I have very little sympathy for the suicides.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Sounds like Perverted Justice (the group that was involved with the "to catch a predator" show); I don't know what the effect on police investigations is, but I will say that I have very little sympathy for the suicides.
    Yeah, neither do I, given that the news story came on the back of a story about a young man, seventeen I think, who jumped from the Firth river bridge and died following his blackmailing by predators.

These guys are pretty good from what I've seen, no violence, nothing illegal, they even corrected one guy who appeared to believe that they were predators like him and playing some kind of joke when he was about the show them illegal pictures of a child on his phone saying "no, I dont want to see that, its an illegal picture of a child isnt it?".

Sadly most of the predators that I saw in the clip of them confronting were of the variety which I know is on the rise, opportunistic, younger and with pseudo-libertarian objections to any of their actions being considered criminal, attacking borderline minors on the verge of age of majority. There's a major problem in containing and convicting this sort of offender because its on the rise so, so quickly.