MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Unhappy C'mon Putin.

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Default C'mon Putin.

You guys go on mocking your liberal authorities and especially Obama while you can when assholes like Putin become the norm there isnt going to be any more of that kind of thing.

Get ready to drink your uranium enriched cool aid kiddies.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I guess the truth is people don't generally want to get involved in wars for the right reasons, but only if they feel they are in danger. That's very shitty.
    Yeah, people love to bleat about spreading democracy and freedom, but they only want to do this if:

1. They don't think it will cost us very much.
    2. They want vengeance. But they realize that's too antiquated of a sentiment, so they say that they want to "Give people freedom"", so that they can get vengeance and somehow think that they aren't being assholes. Fear is also a powerful motivation that a lot of people don't admit to.

Should we get involved in Syria? I honestly don't know. To me, it seems like a classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. There doesn't really to appear to be a "good" option. And you can bet if we don't intervene, we're going to get criticized the same as if we intervened.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Presumably that we see ourselves as different and above the rest of the world by distinguishing ourselves from them; as if on a high horse -> exceptional. It's a projection much more than a fact.
    The thing is, we kind of do see ourselves that way. It's an extension of manifest destiny, a very messianic form of nationalism that somehow believes that we have a special destiny. God is not always invoked, but is usually implied as providing that destiny. Hence, foreign intervention never takes the tone of being "merely necessary" for realpolitik reasons, but instead is often discussed as a "moral imperative."

It works great for propaganda, but it's not really accurate. The British thought the same thing in their day. I'm sure the Romans did as well. Maybe the Chinese will next.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You guys go on mocking your liberal authorities and especially Obama while you can when assholes like Putin become the norm there isnt going to be any more of that kind of thing.

Get ready to drink your uranium enriched cool aid kiddies.
    Putin a a very brutal, cold blooded tyran and a professional liar. For those who think they agree with him, I'd recommend an immediate journey in Russia.

This is not the first time I must agree with you during the recent past weeks, Lark. Perhaps I should see a doctor?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI