Thread: 9/11 happened.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Default 9/11 happened.

I just wanted to make sure people remember. I was afraid people would forget.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

ndovjtjcaqidthi

'Murika.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Incidentally, I think it's quite an incredible coincidence that 9/11 happened on the date 9/11. And it changed everything.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

WOW snuck up on me this year.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Fuck... I haven't gotten any of my Patriot Day presents yet. I guess I'll need to call off work tomorrow to visit Ground Zero and buy fake gold replicas of the WTC and hoodies with firefighter logos on them.

Hopefully this Patriot Day will be better than last year. I didn't even hear "Proud to be an American" ONCE last year.

Also, we never would have had a recession if we had voted for Rudy Giuliani for President.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Never forget.

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I just wanted to make sure people remember. I was afraid people would forget.
    Yeah, me and the entire world outside the US is still trying to forget the whole orchestration that was 911 and the consequences that fell upon us the decade later, with the "war on terrorism". I'm sorry for the victims and their friends, but that's it. If the US goes bombarding the world for decades and causing animosity outside of their doorstep, then it isn't surprising that once in a while they get retaliation. I was only 16 when 911 happened but I remember my first emotion was not feeling surprised at all, at all, because who starts a war eventually gets shit thrown back at them.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    Yeah, me and the entire world outside the US is still trying to forget the whole orchestration that was 911 and the consequences that fell upon us the decade later, with the "war on terrorism". I'm sorry for the victims and their friends, but that's it. If the US goes bombarding the world for decades and causing animosity outside of their doorstep, then it isn't surprising that once in a while they get retaliation. I was only 16 when 911 happened but I remember my first emotion was not feeling surprised at all, at all, because who starts a war eventually gets shit thrown back at them.
    I live in the US and was 15 and felt the same way. I mean, it was scary and sad for sure, but I never once thought it didn't make sense. It sucks feel so ashamed of and opposed to our foreign policies. That was seriously why I voted for Obama. He seemed to be taking a more peaceful and diplomatic international stance, and here he is trying to bomb Syria. I hate it all so much.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    Yeah, me and the entire world outside the US is still trying to forget the whole orchestration that was 911 and the consequences that fell upon us the decade later, with the "war on terrorism".
    9/11 was great because we really came together as a nation. There were no Republicans that day, no Democrats. We were all of one harmonious mind, acting towards one purpose.

We should have voted for Giulani for president, but noooo Republicans didn't want to go for it. If he was president, he would have solved the recession in 10 minutes, just like he solved 9/11.

Never forget. 9/11 also made it ok to be patriotic and love America again. Now you can't go into a doctor's office without seeing an American flag up. Actually, I'm a little annoyed that we don't see American flags in random ass places so much anymore. Now, patriotism isn't "groovy" anymore?

This is why I joined Glen Beck's 9/12 project. The biggest problem with this country today is that we don't see enough flags. As someone who has never left the suburbs of Omaha Nebraska, I was deeply affected by 9/11, and understand the importance of using flags to honor what happened.

Visit my Johari:

And its soul from out that shadow that lies floating on past's floor
    Shall be lifted -- nevermore!