Thread: Misandry

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Default Misandry

Does it exist? Is it a legitimate concern? Is it getting worse, or better? Is it even worth talking about?
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Definitely worth talking about and definitely and issue in conjunction with misogyny. I think most dating "advice books" hinge on and fuel gender hatred. I think both flow from traditional ideas about gender which also confine men. Also some asshole feminist who really are just insane and fudge things up for the rest of us. There are legitimate areas where men lose out in our system like parental rights.

I love men though. Most of them are cool and they're my first and last pick for sex partners

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

I cannot discuss this without injecting a experience related biases due to things that I will not go into detail about.

I will sum my thoughts on this up though, as simply.

I believe it exists, and I've seen many make assumptions and/or even act terribly insensitive towards aspects of it.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    I cannot discuss this without injecting a experience related biases due to things that I will not go into detail about.

I will sum my thoughts on this up though, as simply.

I believe it exists, and I've seen many make assumptions and/or even act terribly insensitive towards aspects of it.
    You have a bias towards wether miss dry does on does not exist?

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    You have a bias towards wether miss dry does on does not exist?
    Apologies, I believe I unintentionally allowed my post to be open to interpretation again.

I believe Misandry exists, as does Misogyny.

I cannot however, discuss Misandry easily. Due to experience related biases about it, these were terrible experiences that happened. So essentially, I don't trust myself to discuss my thoughts in detail on this in a clear, well thought out and calm way at the current time.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Is it even worth talking about?

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Misandry exists. I've encountered lots of misandry from "nice girls" who are not really nice. For some reason, I only attract misandric "nice girls."

A "nice girl" once demanded I kill an innocent cockroach, because I'm a man, and all men do is kill things, apparently. "Nice girls" just want to use me for sex, and would rather I "stay positive" than hear about my problems. Meanwhile, I have to comfort and listen to whatever ridiculous thing they are crying about, like something mean someone did to their friend, or the time a parking attendant was an asshole and totally acted surly once for not paying the right parking fare.

"Nice girls" are not so nice.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Another example of misandry:

I watched a movie, and it had scores of MALE characters were being killed. And yet, only a few females died onscreen. The makers of this movie must really hate men. I can't imagine how someone could include that in a movie and not hate men.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Another example of misandry:

I know women who consider Star Trek to be a stupid TV show, but watch Honey Boo Boo and Toddlers In Tiaras all the time . I suspect they like the latter shows more because the cast consists of a much higher percentage of females.

Typical misandric bias.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Men are the butt of alot of jokes, usually centered on their total lack of fashion sense, knack for making a mess, inability to cook anything except on the barbecue, fixation on sports/cars, and complete emotional insensitivity. This reflects some serious biases/stereotypes that don't correspond to reality.

On the other hand, how many men would enjoy being told they are sharp dressers, good housekeepers, great cooks, very knowledgeable about music and art, and sensitive, empathetic fellows? This is the other side of the stereotype. Men who have these qualities (and most have at least some) are often not allowed to develop, enjoy, and share them without being judged or ridiculed.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...