User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 209

Thread: Misandry

  1. #31
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Point being: Misandry is often, I find, commited by men themselves who want to seem tough or whatever, and try to bully other men into feeling the same way.
    Just as misogyny can motivate the actions of women toward other women.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  2. #32
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Just as misogyny can motivate the actions of women toward other women.
    Yes.

    I think living up to conventional stereotypes associated with your gender is perfectly fine, if thats how you are naturally, but I dont understand forcing other people of your own gender to conform to those stereotypes if thats not how they really are.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Why? I think this slip, provided it isnt sarcastic, is a real example of misandry on the part of men, of men telling and bullying and intimidating other men into feeling like they are sissies because they complain about something(even if the complaint is legit), because they have emotions or vulnerabilities. Its bullshit. As most who responded to this thread said already, its just pigeonoling men. But hey, if you have no actual feelings as you claim seem to pretend, why does it matter, right? Just pretend there is no problems, numbess never killed anyone.

    Point being: Misandry is often, I find, commited by men themselves who want to seem tough or whatever, and try to bully other men into feeling the same way.

    Nice try, though.
    Yeah, see how that works out for you.

  4. #34
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, see how that works out for you.
    What do you mean by that? How what works out for me?

  5. #35
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Misandry definitely exists but misogyny is much more prevalent.
    I really like cats and food.

  6. #36
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Misandry definitely exists but misogyny is much more prevalent.
    I vehemently disagree with this.

    Misandry is everywhere in our culture. In fact, it has become so much the norm that we dont even notice it or think its a problem. How many tv shows have I not seen portraying violence against men by women as a good thing. In fact, thats all tv shows and film seem to show nowadays is violent women, commiting cowardly acts of violence against men. These shows and films depict the woman as heroic and sexy for being violent against men. Now, imagine if this was men beating up women or commiting acts of violence against women that were portrayed as good. Noone would accept the role of the man in these situations as heroic. That isnt to say such of acts of violence aerent commited against women by men, they are, but I feel that misandry is very common too.

    Fact is, both exist, and are very common. They are expressed in different ways, by different people.

  7. #37
    Senior Member tinker683's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, see how that works out for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    What do you mean by that? How what works out for me?
    Typhon, if I may, I think Lark was being ironic in his initial post....
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

  8. #38
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Misandry definitely exists but misogyny is much more prevalent.
    Misogyny is more obvious, and gets much more attention, but they are two sides of the same coin. Both are rooted in the idea that men and women are somehow fundamentally different rather than possessed of the same basic humanity at core, and are manifest in the many ways we see and treat each other differently, solely on the basis of sex.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  9. #39
    Retired Nicki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I vehemently disagree with this.

    Misandry is everywhere in our culture. In fact, it has become so much the norm that we dont even notice it or think its a problem. How many tv shows have I not seen portraying violence against men by women as a good thing. In fact, thats all tv shows and film seem to show nowadays is violent women, commiting cowardly acts of violence against men. These shows and films depict the woman as heroic and sexy for being violent against men. Now, imagine if this was men beating up women or commiting acts of violence against women that were portrayed as good. Noone would accept the role of the man in these situations as heroic. That isnt to say such of acts of violence aerent commited against women by men, they are, but I feel that misandry is very common too.

    Fact is, both exist, and are very common. They are expressed in different ways, by different people.
    Really? That's definitely wrong, I agree, but a lot of people think that violence against men committed by women is okay because hey women are too weak to actually cause harm. That would be misogyny. Plus misandry isn't systematic like misogyny is. Misogyny causes the rape, murder, and objectification of many women much more often than misandry causes the rape, murder, and objectification of men.
    I really like cats and food.

  10. #40
    reflecting pool Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Typhon, if I may, I think Lark was being ironic in his initial post....
    Lol yeah, I considered that possibilty, I did say "provided this isnt sarcasm..." in my initial response to Lark, lol, its just that I get these type of reactions from many men towards other men telling them to grow some balls and man up that it was fair of me to a&ssume he was being serious, 'specially since I dont know Lark's opinions on this topic well at all.

Similar Threads

  1. Misandry - Is it an issue with females?
    By Jeremy8419 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-09-2016, 10:38 AM
  2. Early Feminism and Modern Misandry
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 10:20 AM
  3. Misandry, Misogyny and Misanthropy?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO