First 1234513 Last

Thread: Misandry

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Basically, I think in the "nice guy" situations, both parties are at fault. The male needs to nut up and ask her out and establish interest, and the female needs to make it absolutely clear that it's not going to develop into anything else.

It's possible that the friendship might not last after this, but it wouldn't have anyway. The issue I see is that both parties seem to be too afraid to ask for what they need in their interactions with each other. An injection of courage into one or the other of the individuals involved would simplify these issues.

As for "wanting sex" so what? Most people like having sex, the only issue is that they like having it with people they are attracted to. The only reason why this is objectionable that the nice guy wants sex is that the women isn't attracted to him (whether it's physically, or because of personality) . Which is fine, but this doesn't really imply anything about the character of the "nice guy" other than the fact that he needs to practice being more straightforward, assertive and less of a wimp.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Basically, I think in the "nice guy" situations, both parties are at fault. The male needs to nut up and ask her out and establish interest, and the female needs to make it absolutely clear that it's not going to develop into anything else.

It's possible that the friendship might not last after this, but it wouldn't have anyway. The issue I see is that both parties seem to be too afraid to ask for what they need in their interactions with each other. An injection of courage into one or the other of the individuals involved would simplify these issues.

As for "wanting sex" so what? Most people like having sex, the only issue is that they like having it with people they are attracted to. The only reason why this is objectionable that the nice guy wants sex is that the women isn't attracted to him (whether it's physically, or because of personality) . Which is fine, but this doesn't really imply anything about the character of the "nice guy" other than the fact that he needs to practice being more straightforward, assertive and less of a wimp.
    I think the frustration comes from the sense of entitlement. "I have been nice you and I'm attracted so why can't I have you?". It ignores that the person has their own desires and preferences. it makes it seem like it's wrong for them to socialize with you if they aren't interested in a romantic relationship. Basically "nice guys/girls" are having tantrums for not getting what they want. I don't think it's about confidence. Lots of people face rejection without pushing the blame onto the person who rejected them because there isn't the sense that they "deserve" the object of the affection. That they "put in the work". It a very objectifying way to look at people

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I think the frustration comes from the sense of entitlement. "I have been nice you and I'm attracted so why can't I have you?". It ignore that that person has their own desires and preferences and it makes it seem like it's wrong for them to socialize with you if they aren't interested in a romantic relationship. Basically "nice guys/girls" are having tantrums for not getting what they want. I don't think it's about confidence. Lots of people fce rejection without pushing the blame onto the person who rejected them because there isn't the since that they "deserve" the object of the affection.
    Lots of people, especially younger people with low self-esteem, don't know how to deal with rejection. Immature people usually think they deserve things that they don't, men and women alike.

It's about people being immature, not really about being misogynistic/misandric.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Lots of people, especially younger people with low self-esteem, don't know how to deal with rejection. Immature people usually think they deserve things that they don't, men and women alike.

It's about people being immature, not really about being misogynistic/misandric.

I agree that it starts that way but generally I feel the next step (if unchecked) is descent into gender hatred. When those people try to rationalize their lack of success it becomes "men are all dogs who just want slutty bimbos", "women jut want money and tall ripped dudes", "women don't know what they want /feminism sucks!" " men are emotionally stunted children/ testosterone mad brutes".

People who are immature like that don't want to accept they they aren't going to attractive to some people or that they might be alone for a while. So the develop resentment against the gender rather than face realities about themselves.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I agree that it starts that way but generally I feel the next step (if unchecked) is descent into gender hatred. When those people try to rationalize their lack of success it becomes "men are all dogs who just want slutty bimbos", "women jut want money and tall ripped dudes", "women don't know what they want /feminism sucks!" " men are emotionally stunted children/ testosterone mad brutes".

People who are immature like that don't want to accept they they aren't going to attractive to some people or that they might be alone for a while. So the develop resentment against the gender rather than face realities about themselves.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post

I would agree with that. It's a rationalization that unfortunately results in the perpetuation of stereotypes.

Visit my Johari:

Ginkgo

Unknown outlaw commits a crime?

Must be a "He".

Bunch of weak ass whiney "men" in this thread.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

They should be real men and molest little boys instead of having sex, like real men do.

Visit my Johari:

Socionics
    ESI None

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Bunch of weak ass whiney "men" in this thread.
    Why? I think this slip, provided it isnt sarcastic, is a real example of misandry on the part of men, of men telling and bullying and intimidating other men into feeling like they are sissies because they complain about something(even if the complaint is legit), because they have emotions or vulnerabilities. Its bullshit. As most who responded to this thread said already, its just pigeonoling men. But hey, if you have no actual feelings as you claim seem to pretend, why does it matter, right? Just pretend there is no problems, numbess never killed anyone.

Point being: Misandry is often, I find, commited by men themselves who want to seem tough or whatever, and try to bully other men into feeling the same way.

Nice try, though.