User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Coriolis, you're usually better than this. Evolution clearly selected for sexual dimorphism. I'm sure you can come up with some good explanations as to why sexual dimorphism gave our species a survival advantage.
    As a (semi-)monogamous species, we aren't very sexually dimorphic. Sexual dimorphism is much greater in (naturally) polygamous species. You can look up why if you can't figure it out.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Coriolis, you're usually better than this. Evolution clearly selected for sexual dimorphism. I'm sure you can come up with some good explanations as to why sexual dimorphism gave our species a survival advantage.
    There is a fair (though not certain) chance that we're a step in a decreasingly sexually dimorphic lineage.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticbrain View Post
    Well it's unfortunate in part because men are very much disposable in comparison to women, which was what lateralus's point was, wasn't it ?
    I did not have that impression. My point was that we have evolved to the point where our species is successful enough that we can get away with ignoring the creative contributions of significant parts of our population. Lateralus seemed to (mis)interpret this as a denial of the value of sexual reproduction. Your point about the relative reproductive superfluity of men is valid, but not what I was trying to say.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I did not have that impression. My point was that we have evolved to the point where our species is successful enough that we can get away with ignoring the creative contributions of significant parts of our population. Lateralus seemed to (mis)interpret this as a denial of the value of sexual reproduction. Your point about the relative reproductive superfluity of men is valid, but not what I was trying to say.
    Interesting argument.

Nothing stops lionesses from going out and hunting down zebras (well, I think they actually wait for something else to kill it first, usually, but I think that's more because lions are lazy). They kind of don't have any other option.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    There is a fair (though not certain) chance that we're a step in a decreasingly sexually dimorphic lineage.
    I agree, but we're not there yet.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I disagree with your assertion that we're a species with "one hand tied behind its back".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I disagree with your assertion that we're a species with "one hand tied behind its back".
    How else would you describe a population where the creative potential of a significant portion of its members is not developed or used?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

How else would you describe a population where the creative potential of a significant portion of its members is not developed or used?
    Is there any quantifiable measure to back this statement up?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Is there any quantifiable measure to back this statement up?
    I can find plenty if you are serious in understanding this. If you plan just to nitpick them, though, I have better things to do.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I can find plenty if you are serious in understanding this. If you plan just to nitpick them, though, I have better things to do.
    I would love to see.

But lets start with you, how was your creative potential not developed or been used?

What changes would need to happen for that creative potential to develop (among women generally, not just you)?