User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Looks like we are going to Syria

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Leaders of many countries are christians, what makes them any different?
    Is that really a valid debate? When was the last time Christianity's modus operandi was violence?

5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Is that really a valid debate? When was the last time Christianity's modus operandi was violence?
    For the most recent big operation:

What comes to more distant past, christianity has waged more wars than any other religion. And yes i know gw bush is a retard, but that doesent remove the fact that he is an christian extremist who wages war in the name of god, just like osama(and extremists of other religions) did.

To my knowledge there isnt any religions which has a mode of operation of violence. Islam for example is a peaceful religion, its just that islam has some extremists who are waging war(osama for example), just like christianity has(bush for example).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    What does their religion have anything to do with anything?
    In the case of Jihadists and Islamists, just about everything-and the latter comprise a huge proportion, possibly even a majority, of Muslims worldwide. Christian Dominionists, in comparison, might altogether make up the population of a fair-sized city, spread out into insignificance every place except parts of Uganda.

Oh, and Bush was not even remotely the Christian equivalent of a Jihadist or Islamist, he claimed no religious imperative to fight wars nor did he fight wars for the purpose of mandating codified religious laws in direct violation of fundamental rights be imposed on a country (either his own or a foreign country). He was simply an overtly religious man whose religion informed his moral views and political stances, with certain statements willfully or ignorantly taken out of context by people who are apparently unfamiliar with Christians talking about the 'Holy Spirit speaking to their hearts.'

ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I wish we didn't take it upon ourselves to punish governments who break international laws. If everyone in the world is so in agreement about the violation committed, why aren't more countries supporting us? I say we should have cooled our jets and waited for more data analysis and a more multinational agreement on what to do.

America: World Police
    Actually France and the UK are volunteering as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I agree. Our country is in debt for trillions of dollars. When you are in debt, it's not time to help out other countries, it's time to regroup our resources.
    But its not just this. There are strategic reasons for for going to war in Syria as well, such as preventing Russia from gaining a foothold over resources in the Middle East. I agree that going to war is going to ruin the economy though(already has) and letting Russia and China become the top economic powers in the world rather than the first world's economy being ruined again might be a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils.