User Tag List

First 123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Gracias, @nicolita!
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

I don't have a landline, but I kind of wish I did. I want a rotary-dial telephone. They had substance to them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

At our home we got rid of our land line years ago, due to using it almost exclusively for an internet connection. After our connection speed slowed to 18kbs and AT&T claiming that was all they needed to provide for basic service, we dropped them.
    We still use dial up at a home in town, if the service was cheaper it would be worth keeping around ($27 x 12 = $324 is too much), but we have 2 pay by the minute phones ($20 every three months * 2 for $160 year) and a satellite phone in our car, so we’re connected enough. And I remember wall mounted rotary dial phones and party lines and the evil Empire of Ma Bell.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I do have a landline and it is sacred, meaning that only the chosen few have the number and can call me at home. The cell is my business and everything else phone.
    Ha...so you do this too! I think only about 7 people know my home number...I rarely give it out because it's kinda a big deal.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Ha...so you do this too! I think only about 7 people know my home number...I rarely give it out because it's kinda a big deal.
    Yay, you betcha!!!
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

A home is not complete without a land line!

Land lines work even without power (at least mine does). You also can't turn it to 'silent', so it's handy for middle-of-the-night emergencies when people really need our help.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ISTx

Nope.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It felt weird to get rid of ours, 5-6 years ago, but now it seems more weird to have one. I have since gotten a cell phone, which makes a difference, haha. texting is FAR superior to phone calls, for most applications, although it's useful to have both options.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Our current set up: We use a skype number as our house phone.. It's way cheaper for the yearly subscription vs a regular land line. We just bought a cordless phone that's skype compatible to receive calls as well when away from the computer. It's not perfect, but we can't beat the savings we get from it, and it really helps having a back up of some sort when phones die/get lost/have network issues, etc.

When we were in Hurricane Ike, one of the harsher storms we've had lately, our power was out for 2 weeks in total, but we had a generator supplying electricity to us and phone towers and internet was back up long before the power lines were. The land line during then wasn't as useful as we originally thought it would be, and so I started to browse other options after that.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I gave mine up two years ago. I use my cell phone all the time. Don't have much need for a landline.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne