User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will monitoring replace medicine?

girl with a pretty smile Array Honor's Avatar
    1w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post

That article is about medicare and cutting spendings? I skimmed over it and it doesnt seem to make mention of automation doing the job of a human.
    The article talks about radiologists losing jobs because of the development of teleradiology firms. That's not the same thing as automation but by moving radiologists out of hospitals and able to give diagnoses virtually, we're getting closer.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

I've got pretty strong opinions on privacy and informed consent. Privacy is like a lost temple refuge in the heart of the amazon, crawling with tigers, evolving a new biological power, and informed consent is the bullshit on the ferry ride that tourists take to disneyland. The joke is that most people are totally clueless/don't care that all the shit there to "help" make their lives easier comes at a cost to privacy. Let's not kid ourselves, we're ripe and perfect victims for enslavement by an all seeing corporate government.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet